Feedback on memes requested (vote in our poll)

Suspensions are never made based on one flag…there are a variety of factors involved in a suspension and we do not do it lightly or without discussion. :sunny:

There are often behind the scenes goings on, as well as other flags and history that people may not be aware of, and other factors that contribute to suspensions.

As Ariel so eloquently stated, we all have differing backgrounds and sensitivities and being aware of how our posts may effect others is part of being an involved and caring community member…as you so brilliantly display @JasonFisher by being proactive in editing posts and thinking of others when posting. Much appreciated!:heart:

5 Likes

Totally agree, I don’t know why people suggest these things. Goes from 1 downer to another, if its that much of a problem scroll past like ya would Facebook lol. Jesus, that’s my own opinion though. X

How bout if there’s 1 rule for the new meme thread?
That rule being NO REPLYS!
You wanna reply? Do it with a meme.
This would keep down on fighting and arguing

7 Likes

What amazes me most about all this…we are talking about pictures with words…and the “right” to post what ever we want. I bow in reverence if posting a meme is that big of an issue to cause all of this. There are people in this world that wished this was their biggest issue.

Somone doesnt like your meme, who cares. Move on…there are bigger issues in this world to fight for

6 Likes

Probably not what you mean, but you made me think of my initial reaction to seeing some offensive (to my eye) political memes on the thread. My gut reaction was to go and find the most offensive meme from the opposite end of the political spectrum and post that. I didn’t. I decided I want to try to be better than that. Back to kitty memes for me.

12 Likes

Learning self control in a variety of contexts has been a hallmark of my recovery. Certainly while drinking, self control and reflection were not in my wheelhouse. Recovery has helped immensely with my old tendency to REACT without reflection. YMMV of course.

4 Likes

Oh that’s exactly what I mean. Lol

3 Likes

I don’t even follow the meme thread but I’m so invested in this one. :rofl: I think it’s so interesting to watch people discuss, in mature ways, their points of view and why they feel how they do. I’m sad that it’s something that seems to be actively lost in favor of snippy rebuttles, angry jabs, name calling, and even threats. To discuss the differences and diversity of thought is part of living in a civil society. I’m glad that the moderators care enough about holding on to that in this forum that there is an open dialogue to find out what would be best for the majority of people. You can never please everyone, and it’s a fool’s errand to try, but if you can make it work for most, you’ve done well.

You’re doing great @SassyRocks

*edit for typo

11 Likes

Oh no. I am not letting this thread die. I really need people to keep saying the same thing over and over again because they didn’t make their point the first five times they posted it :joy:

8 Likes

I’m not sure what’s going on with the forum and I noticed some post being moved around (derailed?) ok. Whatever. But I’m getting a ton of email notifications about memes that people have posted. How do I make that stop? I prefer not to get emails when people post a meme. You could say I’m in meme hell. What did I do?
Seriously. Anyone??

2 Likes

Meme hell would make a great meme!

2 Likes

Yes, we moved a bunch of posts that were not memes out of the meme thread to the derailment void thread…as they were detailing the thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

I also started receiving those notifications. Go to the bottom of the thread and click on the box that says Watching to Normal or Tracking, should fix the issue.

1 Like

For some reason when u post a meme I get an email? What’s up with that. Or was that cuz they did some shifting of posts.

I think I messed it up when we were cleaning it up a bit. Sorry to everyone!

1 Like

Its been happening to me too. Now I know why. Thanks to you for aking. And thanks to @SassyRocks for solution

1 Like

No worries. I think I got it. And thanks for trying to organized this clusterf&$k.

4 Likes

Love you Derek, You’re a hero to all. Well almost all… :joy::heart::joy: Long live the debacle… :rofl::heart::rofl:

1 Like

AMEN. Let us go forth and share all the laughs.

1 Like

The new Political Memes Only thread is open.

I don’t think politics belong in a sobriety forum. I missed the poll recently…

They will always only be funny to one side and offensive, maybe even alienating to the other

6 Likes