Feedback on memes requested (vote in our poll)

For obvious reasons, we are considering creating a stand alone thread for U.S. political memes (as opposed to how they are currently spread throughout the Meme Wars thread), and we welcome your feedback.

A separate thread would allow each of us to visit the Meme Wars thread without the distraction of political memes. And we would have the option of muting one or both threads if we wanted. The thread would be open to all.

All of the usual forum guidelines and rules would be in effect for the new thread.

• A separate thread for political memes
  • Keep Meme Wars as is (politics included in it)
  • Ban political memes entirely

0 voters

I have a devided opinion. The political memes can cause quite some disturbance in the meme wars thread, so it would be best if they are no longer as common in there. I find banning it somewhat extreme, so a seperate thread would be a good solution, but on the other side it could cause for great disturbance when people with different political opinions “make fun of” eachother, so than banning would be better

6 Likes

I have been here 3 years I have always been amazed that we have been able to keep this place Politics Free.
It’s so flipping refreshing!

20 Likes

I’m with Jan. I’m not sure having a separate forum for controversial postings is really the answer. Sounds to me like it could be a bit of a boxing match that will be continually locked out.
Maybe trying it for a while and see? Three strikes deal?

7 Likes

Lol, you haven’t been hanging out in the Meme Wars thread much lately, eh?

7 Likes

Making it a separate thread will only ensure it is a shit-show

12 Likes

Politics can turn things so sour. It’s really important to find spaces where we can connect on things that we have in common, rather than the things that divide us. I am also grateful that for the most part that happens here!

10 Likes

I have for sure. And that’s why I’m thinking separating it might turn it into a free for all.

3 Likes

The same rules would apply as do now. So, no more of a shitshow than it has been.

1 Like

Exactly @AyBee

1 Like

I love your optimism :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

1 Like

Yes, but only for those who actively choose to be involved in it. There wouldn’t be the collateral damage as there is now.

2 Likes

You know me, all rainbows and hugs!

4 Likes

I voted to keep things as is. I got a super creepy vibe from that one meme thread that allowed everything. Maybe I’m naive. But it just made me feel weird having such negative content behind closed doors.

4 Likes

tumblr_mqwz692e471r10j7go1_500

tumblr_inline_mndmt85G9K1qz4rgp540

9 Likes

It wouldn’t be behind closed doors unless you wanted it to be. It would just be a regular thread.

1 Like

I agree with @anon89207786
Unless of course the politics thread is my brand of politics :joy: I got Twitter to fight my resistance parties. But again if you don’t want politics just don’t click on the politics thread. It could be tempting though to click on and if I did and I knew someone’s politics it would really sour my relationship with them. Just trying to be honest here. Politics has gotten pretty extreme these days. I’ve already lost friends with this political landscape. So I guess I’d to vote to Ban. I can’t believe I’m saying this. Nope That is too extreme. No Ban. Sorry I’m too wishy washy :grimacing:

3 Likes

Lol. I guess not :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Absolutely yes.