Feel like death

Hello people I’m literally still on the worst hangover/comedown of my life relapsed hard and have been continue to drink and sniff coke for the passed month again … I seriously need change and to hopefully be pointed in the right direction with the recovery process with it all? I’m new to this and don’t no anyone physically who’s been through the same thing as I am… literally is my final chance to get it sorted or I’m going to lose my family and maybe every myself which is a scary thought

1 Like

Probably couldn’t afford anything like that bro … what things do you have in place to stop you from relapsing etc ? If you don’t mind me asking …

1 Like

I totally understand. I could lose my wonderful family and children if anyone finds out I’m still drinking. I’m trying so hard to stop. I’m hoping by coming here for help with help me to do this

1 Like

Yeah ain’t a nice feeling mate at all! And I’ve come on here for the same thing … just curious to no what people have in place like support networks , things they do to stop and find the triggers for relapse etc

Thanks for your reply ! Yeah tbh I think my trigger it sounds mental is excitement and always think I’ll be alright I’ll just have the one … the next minute you no 3 days have gone by and I’m in a bad bad way … need some control over it tbh so hopefully talking to people on here will shed some light

1 Like

It’s cheaper than the drugs :slightly_smiling_face:

Search for places in your state and call them. Many have a variety of funding options.

There is literally nothing for you to lose. Make the call :innocent:

Search for sobriety the same way a person searches for water in the desert. You’ll find it.

3 Likes

Certainly dose come with consequence that’s for sure! Let’s just hope I can learn pretty quickly before it happens again

Thanks for your post but I’m from the uk

1 Like

No problem - the NHS has a referral page too:

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/other-services/Drug%20treatment%20services/LocationSearch/340

2 Likes

Thanks a lot I’m going to ring the doctor first thing tomorrow and get the wheels in motion …

2 Likes

@littlemisschatterbox…love your infographics!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Don’t wait until tomorrow. Do it today. Setting an intent and following through is the first step to real change. :v:t3:

2 Likes

It’s time for a change and you can only have that if you choose to walk away from the substances that cloud and hold you back from living life. Each time you become closer to death, don’t you want to live for the best moments in your life that are yet to happen? Its time for a change but you have to want it

Other people have recommended rehab I personally have never been into hard drugs like cocaine or methamphetamine but my problem was with alcohol. Throw that stuff out its not serving you and through will power and self love you can eliminate the illusion that alcohol is helping you because it’s not. You have come to terms and that is good but now you need to step out that door, join NA, AA, rehab, I think the minimal I would recommend is sticking around here and hearing what others have to say. Do some reading, rehydrate, go eat something good and nutritious and start filling your body with vitamins and minerals. Are you willing to take your first step? Are you ready to live life? Stop making excuses for yourself and take ownership you can do it

3 Likes

Josh talk to your GP, there is medication they can give you to help with the detox process.
I did it, 5 days detox, I’ve never looked back.
Don’t try do it by yourself, there is help out there, you just got to want it bad enough.

2 Likes

My experience was that I did go to the hospital detox for 5 days and then to a 30 day program in a women’s rehab home. Was not allowed to go home during that time. Family could visit though. Excellent care and I highly recommend this. Depending on where you live your medical may cover the costs. Wishing you the very best.

Thanks for all the replies … I’m going to thedoctors today! Will keep posting thanks a lot

2 Likes

There are a lot of free rehabs. Do some googling and see what you find. There are definetly places out there for you :pray::tada::hugs:

1 Like

Hi Josh - during your visit to the doctor today, it will be of the utmost importance for you to do two things. First, be honest about why you are there, your recent history of use of all drugs and alcohol and your loss of control. Second, accept the help offered.

Putting limits on my recovery, telling myself I would not go to AA or to rehab or I would not follow the suggestions of others with successful recovery damn near killed me. I got permanently sober and serene in my mind when I became willing to do anything at all that was suggested by those with long term sobriety or professional experience.

1 Like

What was the outcome of your visit?