Feeling a little alone

Been to a couple meetings, they said i was powerless and needed to find God. Yes it is an online course and i work a full time job and im about to go back to school for a career change.

I currently have 2 cats, 2 dogs, a conure parrot and i just got a baby tarantula lol

1 Like

What do YOU think, are you powerless over alcohol?

I am. My life changed when I recognized that. I stopped making excuses for why and figured out a plan to stay sober. I work on it every day.

2 Likes

No i am not powerless.

What i have observed on this board is alot of impulsive responses. No one hears that i am burnt out and need a break. As a generalized view, it’s been suggested that i add more activities to my already overwhelming schedule.

Am i wrong?

2 Likes

You are the only person who suggested that i take a break.

I gather a lot of folks read the “I feel a bit alone” part and reacted straight to that. But of course you can feel isolated by doing too much too. I’m an introvert myself who feels alone at times, while largely being occupied by the work, exercise and and the therapies I do. I do find connection here. And that helps. But need to make some time for other stuff too. Working on it.

2 Likes

I can’t connect to anyone here.

Btw what you just did is known as gaslighting.

1 Like

I’m sorry you feel that way and I’m sorry you feel gaslighted too. Some people who found their sober tribe in aa can get rather defensive at times.

I find connection to some folks here. Not to all. But that’s normal. Mde some friends too, just too bad they are on the other side of the world from me.

4 Likes

I read many of your responses. Have you thought of volunteering somewhere? Almost anything that might interest you has opportunities. - you like animals, if you like history, the outdoors, art, have a passion for reading……I’ve volunteered at state parks, marathon events, an art gallery, and a museum……just wondering if anything like that could take you to another place. I suspect all it would cost is gas money.

5 Likes

Im 71 years old and im trying to help you but you dont seem to be very happy person as gaslighting i remember the guy used to come up our close and put out the gas light at ten each night that was in the fifties .so maybe take along break and recharge your batteries .

6 Likes

Take a well deserved break. You know what’s good for you.

4 Likes

“No i am not powerless.

Am i wrong?“

If you are not an alcoholic then you are not wrong.

I can only speak for myself. Going back through this thread it is pretty clear that everyone responded to your post with suggestions and many expressed empathy and sympathy for your situation. Maybe you didn’t hear what you wanted to hear…? I don’t know.

I know this. Nothing changed in my life until I changed my circumstances and that didn’t happen until I realized it was an inside job.

If someone takes the time to reply it usually means they care. I care and I hope you find the peace you are looking for. :peace_symbol:

7 Likes

Sometimes the solutions are just as complex as the issue. Thats what i’ve learned from doing therapy and doing my own research on psychology. I tend to be a blunt person naturally, part of my lovely diagnosis of Borderline personality disorder. Some will it’s just “a label” but it’s so much more than.

1 Like

I feel like there has been alot of wonderful ideas given to u for activities. Ur initally post said nothing about u needing a “break”. It states:

So i feel like thats why others are going to suggest ideas for u to try and help :slight_smile:
If u feel burnt out, then absolutely try to take some time for urself. I alsp have a veeeery busy life and rarely get quiet time also. But ive actuallt had to schedule time for myself. So for 15-30 min a day, i make sure to do something for me, even if that means doing absolutely nothing.
If ur feeling like u need connection, there are sometimes groups on fb (if ur into fb) of people that meet up that have similar interests. Ive actually gone to a couple of exercise related groups in my area and met new and healthy people this way. Maybe something to look into if ur into that sort of thing. I was going to suggest meetings but see that ur not into that. It was a always a good place for me to meet people and to attend dry dances n conventions etc.
I really believe that everyone on here was trying to help u and not cause more grief for u or gaslight u.
I also understand BPD very well. I was diagnosed with it at age 21 and im 38 now. Relationships are a struggle with those that have BPD. Along with managing our own extreme emotions and thinking. It can be hard to find balance in life.

6 Likes

I was diagnosed almost a year ago. Was seeing a therapist but i cant get ahold of him so i had to set up an appointment with another one and thats two weeks away and the wait is proving to be extremely difficult at times.

1 Like

The first condition for being a therapist who helps people with BPD is being available and present. Total fail. I’m sorry. (Diagnosed with half BPD, half avoidant PD here).

1 Like

Maybe this will work for you, or maybe it won’t, but when I hit a certain point of frustration, I take a nap. 15 to 30 minutes and I am right as rain again. For me, a nap is a hug that I give to myself.

6 Likes

I was making such good progress that the BPD started going away and now it’s back in full force.

2 Likes

The progress you made is not lost. It’s a long road with ups and downs and it’s lots of work. You stalled a bit but here’s hoping you’ll have a new therapist very soon and can resume working on being an ever better version of yourself. Also know there is lots of stuff you can do for yourself. Keep going. x

7 Likes