Feeling a little alone

I wanna go out somewhere but im kinda burned out on everything there is to do my area, i dont have any money and its too cold to do anything outside. I’ve been trying to hang out with the same person for 6 months but she’s always busy doing something. I need a way to deal with this depression/pent up energy. My therapist ghosted me a month ago and thats been affecting me alot too.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re dealing with loneliness. I struggle with that a lot as well and I find that when I absolutely cannot see anyone, leaning into hobbies and interests helps and socializing online as well but I know that’s not for everyone. You are definitely not alone here though please remember that

3 Likes

I’ve been reading the new book in the leopard series and i did lunges earlier and when i get home im gonna crochet for a little bit.

3 Likes

That sounds lovely! I enjoy reading and doing crafts but I cannot crochet at all. I’m not sure if this is allowed so someone can correct me, but if you would like to message and chat I’m available and am always looking for new friends!

2 Likes

Could you join a club or gym to meet new friends

2 Likes

I joined a gym but with my schedule it’s hard to find time to go.

3 Likes

Hey I also feel such a deep sense of loneliness. Even though lots of people have been reaching out I just don’t think they understand. Or that in active addiction it was expected to be alone and you think when you get sober everything else will fall into line… I’m spiraling today

5 Likes

First off, wonderful job with posting, im glad you did. Thank you for taking the time. And yes i agree. “If you just get sobe4 everything will work out” but things were this way before i even touched alcohol.

1 Like

Loneliness is horrible, and i know people have busy lives, children etc but self care is so important and also making the time to put yourself out there to meet people, like addiction if you keep doing the same thing nothing changes, even a couple of hours a month to get out and meet others or just a pamper day you will feel better, wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Maybe prioritise a gym class, even if you feel tired after working just get there and see what happens

1 Like

Find some sober friends. I have a lot of sober friends through my local AA and then all over the place from The Luckiest Club. I do all my meetings by zoom and then meet up with other sober friends. I isolated and can’t do that anymore if I want to stay sober. I participate in recovery programs to give me all the joys and opportunities to live a sober life. The Meetup App is also good for finding local people with specific hobbies.

7 Likes

Do you have time to do some volunteering? There are all kinds of different opportunities to be of service and reach out to other people. You may not find a personal friend, but you’d have something of purpose to do.
Animal welfare group SPCA
Big Sisters
Community
Crochet/knit group that meets in coffe shop somewhere…or start your own
Also, check your library for free events

I’m sure you’ll find someway to connect with people. :birthday::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

4 Likes

Sometimes we have to go out of our comfort zone to achieve things , effort and a desire helps . people at meeting will understand as most of them will have been were you are now , treading water will keep you afloat but maybe try and swim wish you well

6 Likes

I dont got to AA meetings, AA is a borderline cult.

3 Likes

Find a different meeting if it feels like a cult - each group has their own feel.

2 Likes

Maybe exercise your mind and body. Listen to some podcasts. There’s a ton of good and great ones out there, in every subject and genre you could want…all for free. Check out www.darebee.com for free workout routines using nothing more than body weight. Sit in a sunny window and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, and just take in everything that you see. Focus on the tiny details.

It’s better to light a single candle, than to sit and curse the darkness.

2 Likes

I am introvert, i dont do well in groups. I get over stimulated way too quickly.

1 Like

Im taking a college course for intro to psych. I also do yoga and work out at home. I also dont get time to myself ao finding quiet time is difficult.

1 Like

Well I guess there’s nothing you can do then, since you feel trapped in your house, but are an introvert, and have many activities taking so much of your time.

7 Likes

If you dont do meetings then how do you know its a Cult , and a collage course your doing is it at home aswell as you dont like groups ? you dont get time to yourself means you are active with something ? but i wish you well on your journey

3 Likes