Feeling all the emotions after quitting Weed

Does anyone feel like now that they have quit weed, they feel all thier emotions a lot more intensely?

I thought I was a calm and diplomatic person but now that I am 10 days into my recovery feeling all my emotions is scary for me.
I feel anger the most. I have less patience. I knew this would be the journey but managing my emotions has actually been the hardest part for me.
I went into a 21 days fasting and prayer as I am a Christian and this has really fast tracked my transformation. I am so happy to finally quit the green but how can I learn to manage my emotions?

Went through my various journals and saw how my anger was the underlying thing that I was trying to numb. I was always a sensitive kid so maybe I just feel all the feelings :joy:
I can get through this but my emotions whew…

5 Likes

It could partly be your body adjusting, or some stress over ending a routine. But yeah, the world is stressful. Our bodies are hardly adapted to the modern world. Of course everybody has anxiety and depression. But it’s great not to repress but just feel and observe. Calm your body with deep breathing.

2 Likes

Thank you! I have been doing a lot more meditation and breath work lately :heart:

1 Like

I feel this 100% 5+ years of sobriety and i still struggle with this. Anger was also my problem as a kid. I grew up in a place where emotions were a sign of weakness. All I knew was anger. Play and fight. After I quit smoking, it all hit me. I had a real hard tim keeping myself in check.

Ive done a 48 hour fast [for health reasons] and I was the MADDEST during that time lol. Maybe that has something to do with it too…
Wish you the best!

3 Likes

Wow 5 years! You are truly an inspiration👏🏾
Learning more about myself day by day for sure

2 Likes

Nooo not even close :sweat_smile: you’re too nice.