Feeling Annoyed

My 3rd week and every day I’m waking up with headaches and feeling annoyed. :unamused:Not sure if it’s related to quitting or not. Anyone else experience these feelings?

1 Like

That could be PAWS. I know I’ve been through a few rollercoaster events. Some days are great, other days I’m just so low. And yep, headaches are a part of it. As for my emotions sometimes it is just me wanting to cry for no reason, other times it is anxiety, other times it is impatience.

I don’t think I have anything that helps make it go away…we just have to hold on and KNOW that it is temporary. Another good day is just around the corner.

3 Likes

I hope it goes away soon! I’m annoyed that I’m annoyed :tired_face: for no particular reason. And knowing that if I had 3 glasses of wine it would go away temporarily sucks. But I know it wouldn’t just be 3 glasses and then my headache would be worse tomorrow and then I’d be depressed for at least two days after. Not worth it. The struggle is real. :unamused:

A lot better than a hangover tho!:wink::grin:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing these! I’m going to watch them on my lunch today :slight_smile:️ Its really crazy finding out how much of ourselves we’ve hidden behind alcohol/drugs for so long.

2 Likes

I get it, I have had headaches and horrible body pain every day since I destroyed my liver it for me I know it’s because the toxins in my body aren’t getting processed by the liver properly. I just tough it out or take ibuprofen if it’s really bad. At 65 days today and the last two days it’s actually been getting a lot better just hang in there it’s not forever! The getting annoyed is just paws that’s pretty normal

3 Likes

Feeling so annoyed today :rage: everyone and everything is pissing me off and I can’t shake it. I woke up anxious at 4am and couldn’t get back to sleep this morning, so that probably isn’t helping. I was actually feeling ok and then I got to work and bam! The black cloud appeared over my head and im ready to snap at my coworkers for sipping their water too loudly or being so damn cheerful. Ugh, I’m 32 days sober and this is really the first day I’ve felt this on edge, like my skin is crawling. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Hope so, thank you. I guess I am feeling frustrated because there are so many uncertainties in my life right now and I just need some things to start lining up. I think I thought making positive changes (ending my unhealthy relationship and finally quitting alcohol) was going to instantly bring happiness, but that is not the case. I just feel super alone right now. It sucks and I just want to go to bed and hopefully feel better tomorrow.

1 Like

Same issues with me, perhaps you are just more aware of your surroundings and the things that piss you off.
Certain close family who usually kept me amused now irritate me. Perhaps our perceptions of life have matured

1 Like

So, after my miserable day of feeling like I couldn’t get out of my own way and everyone was just so annoying, I came home resigned to get through the night and go to sleep as soon as I could get my 3 year old to bed. Then, something awesome happened. I got the phone call I had been waiting for, that I am getting the apartment I looked at a couple of weeks ago and really wanted, but that seemed like wasn’t going to work out. I couldn’t believe something good was actually happening. I guess things are just gonna happen in their own time and I have to stop resisting this fact and get used to being out of control. Not my favorite concept. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for listening and taking the time to reply. :yellow_heart: hope we all have a good day!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this video. I love it. I know you posted it months ago, but thank you!!!

1 Like