Feeling awful

Whatever else is going on with your life, alcohol just makes it much worse. What are you doing each day to stay sober?

Getting up at 5 am, school runs, gym for an hour and a half each day, trying to stay focused and carry on with the decorating around my home, my garden is upside down, so I plan to do that as soon as the weather picks up, to keep me focused. And for my youngest, he has alot of energy and needs it, it proves hard at times when my partner wants to go out for a drink, but I have said no as Iā€™m not strong enough at times, I isolated myself somewhat the past 4 weeks which was good, but then why I thought Iā€™d be fine I donā€™t know, itā€™s like an excitement that comes over you, and I donā€™t see anything else, hope you are well

3 Likes

Its ok to isolate for a while to protect your sobriety and for the greater goodā€¦i did that for 3 months at the very start, even now if i feel i might be triggered i dont do it but if you do want to go out then maybe you or your partner can suggest something to do that doesnt involve drinking? Theres plenty stuff aside from drinking out thereā€¦i tend toward doing things during the day time instead of evening when there is more drinking going onā€¦i sometimes go for breakfast or lunch with some of the other mums while our kids are at school or take myself shoppingā€¦whatever makes u happy and like youve taken some time for yourself. Try to stop seeing drinking as some kind of reward because it really isnt

2 Likes

Yes very true :grin:

1 Like

You can do itā€¦ just remember alcohol is like a snake in the grass and itā€™s not your friend. Weā€™re here for support when and if needed. Have a Blessed Day :pray:šŸ«¶šŸ½

1 Like

Thank you for the support :heart:feeling stronger today, my hormones are not helping either at the moment, waiting for tests to then start hrt I believe, staying focused x

1 Like

Glad your feeling stronger today Laura :muscle: xx

1 Like

I had a million CHOICES, but when was I going to make a DECISION to STOP, really STOP?

Half measures to us the ALCOHOLIC, are fruitless and meaningless. I personally made PROMISES to myself, loved ones and to others more times than I can count. What was causing me to keep picking up? What is it to you?

Alcohol was bigger than me, I had to find something bigger than alcohol. Through working a program, AA for me. I was able to find my spirituality. This spirituality allowed me re-connect with my high power. Creating a willingness to go anywhere and do anything to find my solution.

I hope you find the willingness to drudge the happy road of destiny!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll politely point out the first thing that helped me. Forget everything in your head. Everything in my head is what got me to where I was in the first place. Find a
mentor, friend or someone you trust. Preferably another alcoholic or addict that has recovered. They know your shitty thought process, emotions and fears. They know how to do it, and how it works!

3 Likes