Feeling down I need support

So yesterday I was at work and just minding my own business trying to finish the shift and the security guard that works at my job which by the way I’m not too fond of… comes in getting real aggressive with me regarding something another coworker said which he’s honestly starting drama but I’m so proud of myself I didn’t smoke but honestly I really wanted to but instead I just went to the gym. I just don’t know how I’m gonna handle the situation when I go back to work I talk to a family member and they said I should just ignore him and just focus on getting my money . I just don’t know what I should do it’s on my mind heavy I just didn’t expect this at all…

2 Likes

I don’t know about you and your situation enough to give you direct advice on what to do in the work situation but I do commend you for sharing about it here Deszzi, as well as talking to your family member about it. Those are healthy ways to cope with the situation at hand, in stead of using to just escape the uneasiness of your feelings. So congrats on that! Seems to me you’re working on your recovery, working on finding better ways to live your life. One day at a time and one challenge at a time. Keep going, you’re doing better than you think.

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate the encouraging words and yes I’m trying to figure out different outlets instead of going back to old habits. & I’ve started applying at different jobs I’m so ready for a change I just feel so stuck at the job I’m at currently especially since I’ve been thinking about my future and what I want to accomplish it has been on my mind heavy …

1 Like