Feeling heavy right about now

To day is my 1 year for no self harming

And to be honest it’s really hard right now

All I can think about is wanting to harm my self but I haven’t done it for so long

It’s like the crave of wanting to do it gets stronger and stronger by the minute

Because all I can think about is how much I really want to do it but I now that it is not the way so that’s why I am reaching out

Because I need some advice on how to cope with the feelings of wanting to do something that stupid

Because to be honest in my mind it doesn’t seem stupid you now

So please if you have any ideas of how to cope and to help not to have theys feelings all the time it would be greatly appreciated because to be honest I feel alone and to be honest feeling alone is the worst feeling in the world

But anyway thank you for reading and if I hear anything from anyone I greatly appreciate you

And I thank you for taking the time to hear what I had to say so I hope you and your family have an awesome night together because family is always the best

9 Likes

Can you go to sleep early? Youve made it this far. Try to make it tonight too.

Maybe @Scorpn can offer some help when she jumps on

You are very smart to come here first

4 Likes

Congrats on 1 year! Thats huge…im so sorry that you are having such strong urges.
Are you able to call a friend / family member to just talk (may be helpful to get your mind off of the urge).
Possibly just chat on this community or as mentioned by @Cjp try to get to bed early.

Sometimes my body is exhausted but mentally im wired and the addiction devil is awake so really need to even have tv on with a sleep timer to just drift off. I hope you can figure out something to distract you. Hold on to the anazing feeling of being harm free for past year!

4 Likes

Congratulations on your year, wow, that’s incredible.

You don’t have to explain that self harm doesn’t seem so ridiculous… we’re all addicts here and no matter what our DOC we were doing ourselves harm and it didn’t seem ridiculous.

If you can’t sleep it off, stay here… read the stories here. Read the stupid internet purchases thread for a giggle… do something to distract yourself until that urge passes because it will pass.

5 Likes

First off, a huge congratulations to u on ur 1 year of no SH. I can relate in a sense to having that obsessive thinking of wanting to use drugs and having that craving get stronger n stronger. I know ur talkong about self harm but maybe some of these suggestions that have worked for me, can help u :slight_smile:
What i have discovered is that the more i think about drugs and feed into the thoughts of wanting to use and fighting that urge, the stronger it becomes bcuz i am focused on that. And What i have found works for me when i get into this headspace is first I will remind myself of why i quit it in the first place. Really remember these reasons. I will then use distraction to help me pull my focus away from that obsessive thinking. So for example, a walk outdoors, a nice shower, exercise, call a friend, work on a hobby, anything to take my mind off of it. Sometimes it takes a bit to get my mind off of it but its important that i dont focus on what that obsession is bcuz it will get stronger if we feed it that attention. If that makes sense. There are other good suggestions listed. Hopefully something can help :slight_smile: how are u feeling since u posted?

5 Likes

Hi there! I’m so proud of you for making it to one year!
Milestones can be hard. I feel that way sometimes. I also struggle with self harm. I have just over 90 days now… Distraction works the best for me when I have urges. My advice is to find something or someone you love. And spend time with it/them. I seek out my kids when I am feeling low. They are my happy place. If i can do something happy/fun with them, it helps me to get past the thinking pattern of wanting to SH.
I also think what @Butterflymoonwoman said is spot on

Whatever your reason, lean into it.

Sending you lots of :heart: and :people_hugging::people_hugging: :blush:

4 Likes