Feeling like a failure X a million

I was so anxious starting Thursday night through yesterday. I had a feeling I would give in and drink, and I did last night. I didn’t even try to distract myself; I just did it anyway. Nothing bad happened during but now I’m more anxious than before and depressed too. I hate this circle of Hell! Back to the beginning I go…

6 Likes

Don’t let it bring you down. You now have a new goal to reach. 3 days last time shoot for more this time. It’s a long hard road. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Keep at it. You got this

Hello Jenni. Please don’t bring yourself down too much. Sounds like you already realize it did not make anything better. Since you know that the next time the voice starts in you’ll know what a lie it is. I hope you will get back to the start line and begin once again.

1 Like

Just keep trying. You are only a failure when you stop trying!! It took me a while to get any momentum. I went to meetings, read on here, read the aa blue book. Still couldn’t string many days together. Then I added more meetings, got a sponsor, started working the steps Eventually something stuck. Everyone has their own path. Good for you for coming back and trying again!!

1 Like

You need to admit your approach to sobriety is not work. Time to try a different approach. Maybe look into a structured program?

Kudos to you for coming on here and letting everyone know what happened. Sharing your story just might help someone to not pick up that first drink. Make it to the pillow tonight. If you are given the gift of waking up tomorrow, give thanks to Jesus and begin Day 2!! I’m pulling for you!

1 Like

One day at a time. You got this!

Thank you, everyone :slight_smile: Means A LOT to me.

1 Like

Don’t ever feel like a failure. When life knocks you down, get up and get your revange

1 Like

Knocked down seven times and get up seven times and you are standing up.

Remember your mistakes. Analyse what you did and why. See if you can develop a strategy to avoid the same thing happening. Even if it means staying in for a while.

If you can learn a lesson then it won’t have been a waste.

Most of all, remember we on here are ALL on your side

1 Like

Well said.

1 Like

The important thing is to not give up and just keep trying. I am literally on my fifth quit this year and I wouldnt have even got this far if I didnt keep trying over and over. This is the time when being stubborn will actually help lol.

2 Likes

Trust me I know how you feel. It suckjs but don’t give up. You got this!!

1 Like

It is easy once you get going. First month i am not going to lie… its hard… but once you get the first month done its mostly easy game.

1 Like

You can do this, believe in yourself. We all have the power to change things for Good and we’ll be here for you.

1 Like