Feeling like I'm going to relapse

Feeling VERY tempted to call and get cocaine right now… Its like I can’t have money in my hand without thinking “Hey! I gotta call my guy!” Ughhh. I hate this! The cravings are so strong and i’m bored to death. I know i’ll regret it, but I just can’t seem to get it together! Any support or advice would be extremely helpful!!!

2 Likes

Do you have a sponsor? Can you take yourself to the movies? Binge watch Netflix? You are important. Way too important to hurt yourself with coke. You can do this!

3 Likes

Delete his number. Go grocery shopping. Get out of the house and do something.

4 Likes

I agree, delete his number!! Go for a walk? Got any water near you that you can sit near for a while?

3 Likes

Think about why you wanted to quit and all the reasons you are not going to let that drug control you anymore. You have a choice! You are worth this!

2 Likes

This showed up as my motivational mesaage and I took a screen shot as I opened my app. I hope it helps

4 Likes

Decide to be stronger, and then be stronger. This is 100% mental.

2 Likes

Do you go to meetings? If not, it would be a good time to start! A meeting will help you if you reach out for help!
Delete all your dealers numbers, for sure, 100.
Do you have support, other than the app? If so, call someone so they can come sit with you. Or just ask them for coffee, doesnt matter, but hang with some sober people…
Do something to get out your head. Or write your thoughts down and make sure your remembering the bad stuff too. Not just the good stuff. Like feening once it’s all gone. Spending all your money. Staying up all hours of the night. The shame. The guilt. The regret.
Hope this helps!

2 Likes

No sponser yet. Just started going back to meetings. It sucks my boyfriend is at work and has the car or else I would definitely go hit a meeting!

I love going to meetings, but dont have my car :frowning: thank you for your ideas though!

Unfortunately I know all of my dealers phone numbers off by heart :frowning:

If you got money for coke you got money for an Uber or the bus. I don’t have a car and hit a meeting every day. I routinely walk or ride 3-5 miles to hit meetings.

You got to do whatever it takes

4 Likes

My head is an effing mess right now. Its been raging for days/over a week. Meetings barely make any dent. I cannot get out of it and it won’t shut the hell up no matter what I do. I just bailed on a friends significant anniversary fellowship b/c my anxiety at being part of the group tonight pushed me too far. Goat – Irish Exit stage right as we got to the restaurant and were going in. What kind of fucking asshole does that?

I know the short cut to make it all stop. I can go to the bar down stairs and I can put it to sleep. Where is that going to get me though? Back to day zero? What happens the next time and the time after that? Before I know it, I’m taking a significant portion of a bottle to the head again edging closer to the abyss. My attempt to escape the insanity will only put me back deeper than I was before. Maybe I won’t get out the next time.

That is why I don’t go make this stop right now.

4 Likes

I’m glad to see you posting again Goat

1 Like

You’re not an asshole

I’ve been going through the same thing. When I’m bored cravings seem to pop in and it’s hard to stop them. Reach out to people is a step, making phone calls or posting on here. Telling your story and finding similarities with someone helps. So if you wanna talk into a deeper level feel free to message me privately. So hopefully we can fight these cravings away.

1 Like