Feeling lost)need advice

Hey there. I’m not new to sobriety. I gave up meth 2 and a half years ago. I’ve been struggling to give up pot though. After a devestating break up I’ve been finding myself binge drinking. It’s gotten so bad I’ve been hospitalized twice in the last month… I guess I just need some advice and words of hope. Thanks all. And God bless

2 Likes

My substance abuse has taken me to the brink of death. I’m 24. I knew it was killing me. I’ve done long term damage. Willingness and desperation was the gift. I’ve now been sober in AA and NA for 10 months off drink and 7 months off all drugs. I was also big on alcohol and cannabis which have both hugely impacted me in negitive ways. I suggest getting to aa and na meetings going regularly getting a sponsor and working the programme. It’s working for me. I was dumped in early recovery. I’ve stayed sober through some rough times you can too. Reach for aa and na

2 Likes

Heres the best advice I can give you bud. You might not like the sound of it but its done me well for over 500 days :slight_smile:

Those who need one, bring your own sugarcoat. This is how I made 500 Days:

4 Likes

The question is what will it take to motivate you? You were just hospitalized twice! Do you want to live? I think the best thing you can do right now is show up here as often as you can, whether you feel like it or not. And tell us how you’re doing, even if you don’t want to.

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone. I’m still sober, and ive gotten the ball rolling. I’ve got somethings done I’ve been pushing off, as well as taking care of my mental health. The area I live in though has no AA meetings that’s near enough to walk or bike, which is why I was reaching out here. Just wanna say thank you again, things were getting rough and overwhelming. To see you guys respond so genually warmed my heart so. Much love guys

3 Likes

First and foremost, I just want to mention that our higher power of our own understanding has a plan for us no matter what. Second, I believe you have the desire and will to not only keep your sobriety but strengthen it as well, otherwise you wouldn’t have asked for advice and hope. Nothing can stop you from doing what you’re supposed to, as long as you keep reaching for that next right thing. I have been sober for 321 days and am currently in an intense custody battle with CPS. I work between 50-60 hours a week and can’t always make it physically to meetings since I don’t have transportation. However, on the days I can’t make it to a meeting, I tend to turn towards speaker meetings that are recorded and uploaded onto YouTube. No matter how overwhelmed you get or tired or scared or lost, please know there are complete and total strangers sending you light and love without judgment! And we are on your side and only want to see you succeed and live a happy healthy life full of love, joy, and happiness. Much love, hang in there!!

2 Likes

I found myself doing the same with Alcohol again in life after giving up the Meth 679 day’s ago (pretty sure I was trying to kill me :face_with_head_bandage:)… I allowed alcohol to lead me to that… We’re better than the choices that we make under insane stress or the influence… That’s facts… 39 day’s alcohol free right now… No AA within 100 miles of me or I’d be there… Stay connected… We’re in this battle together… Gonna win too… :wave::blush::100:

1 Like

Definitely helped me and like at least a hundred other’s… :joy::+1::+1:

This thread lists online meetings, books, podcasts, live meetings, all kinds of tools for sobriety. Resources for our recovery