Feeling off today

I’m feeling off today. For the last few days to be honest. I’m not sure exactly what the feeling is, or what brought it on. Im still able to do my day to day stuff, including chores and working out. I just feel…bland. Does that word apply here? I slept poorly last night, waking up several times in a panic, like I would when I was drinking. It was very unsettling. Any thoughts or advice?

1 Like

ITs ok to feel off some days we are only human! It comes and goes but just remember for every level there’s another devil! Try Yogi Kava stress tea it promotes relaxation and helps with stress…and get nature or even scream into a pillow it sounds silly but it helps…stay strong! One love!

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I’m in a blank kind of feeling myself. Are you coming up on a milestone? Sometimes before a milestone, I’ll go Into a blank feeling for a couple days, sometimes a week. Sometimes I say it’s my higher power guiding me and protecting me. I’m able to carry on but yeah it just feels off sometimes. And then when it goes away, a whole different person comes out.

3 Likes

Thank you! I love that tea, and a big mug of it sounds wonderful!

1 Like

No milestone coming up for a while, but I think I had built up the one month in my head a little. Not that I am let down at all by reaching it, but maybe my expectations were too high for it. Here’s to hoping something amazing comes out of this blah feeling- I’ll just keep keep on keepin on to quote Joe Dirt! Glad to know it’s not just me!

2 Likes

Sorry you’re feeling blahhh I think we all have those days, this feeling feelings is a strange one lol. Deffo get a nice cup of tea and keep your surroundings calm. Just take care of yourself like you would a loved one that was feeling off. Glad you reached out here :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! Got the tea kettle going now, thanks for the support and kind words!

2 Likes

I felt the same way yesterday. I just felt blah. Not good, not really bad…just blah. I actually had thoughts about what the “point of all of this is”. In those moments, I felt like I was essentially just doing this to be better for my family. I thought about how I just needed to understand that maybe I was never going to be over the top happy being sober, but it makes things better for everyone around me…so I thought maybe blah is just my new reality. Lol Wrong. I didn’t drink, and the moment passed. I woke up today in a great mood, which isn’t common. I received good new this morning after that, and the day is going great, too. It’s such a good reminder that feelings pass. They come and go. Instead of me picking up wine last night to “feel better” and not “blah”, I just felt it. And it really did pass. I keep reminding myself this; I didn’t have drinks 3 days ago, and I was happy that day. Nothing in my life has changed since I was last happy, other than my mood. So it’s just my mood I need to get through and wait out. I think all alcoholics have a problem with feeling things. As soon as a negative
or boring emotion comes up, our brain is like “a drink makes this better…a drink makes this better”. That’s our addiction talking. Not our reality. You’ll feel good again once the mood passes. Even if it’s a few days. Just get through it sober, so you can feel better again SOBER. Not angry at yourself for giving in. Play it forward in your mind. That’s been working for me.

1 Like

This is amazing! SPOT ON my friend! :smiley::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks for raising this topic, its really helping me too. Had a very Blahhh week last week but it has passed…I used to drink on emotions and those off days but today its about having faith that this to shall pass :pray:. Comforting to know its not just me and I can appreciate and recognise the good brighter days from having the blahhh off times :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Whaaaaat you know that tea? Amazing! It helps me on I’m off days!

1 Like

Thank you- I needed to hear all of that. Pretty much exactly what’s been running through my head these past few days. Thank you for bringing some light to it. Tomorrow will be a better day.

2 Likes

I’m actually embarrassed to say that I know it well- I used it often to help with anxiety from hangovers🙄. I’m not surprised to find that it works so much better on a sober mind. I had forgotten about it since I haven’t been hungover in a month! Glad you reminded me!

1 Like

I take comfort in knowing that other people have this feeling too. We will get through it, and be better for it!

1 Like

These "blah"feelings are so common in my world lately and it feels so good to know we’re not alone. I just keep telling myself that this too will pass and try to keep my mind busy.

1 Like

It got me through a lot even just kava root itself is amazing!! Look for it online it’s a blessing! I love tea and natural remedies.

1 Like