Feeling overwhelmed need help

I’m feeling very overwhelmed with my recovery, so like i was thinking that my life goal will to be 1 year clean, i don’t care how long it takes but i want to be 1 year clean, but like then i started feeling very overwhelmed because i can barley get through the day, and i can’t even imagine myself clean in a week, so when i try to imagine myself 1 year clean its scary as hell not gonna lie. I can’t imagine tmr being clean so like i don’t know how i’ll get to 1 year if i can barley go a day. ugh idk i’m just super stressed right now.

2 Likes

One day at a time. Do the next right thing. Meetings are an excellent idea.

2 Likes

Trust in the process. Reach out for help. Build your community. Use resources at your disposal. Be ruthless in cutting off your DOC.

You get to a year one day at a time.

1 Like

One day at a time hon. It’s baby steps.

I think the same way most days. Just take everyday, 1 day at a time. I know it sounds cliche. I also use the apps my therapist recommended for my anxiety (mindspace and calm)

Everyone is already saying it, but one day at a time is a better mindset. In some meetings there are even though who express the need to take it a minute at a time.

I read a great quote recently and so find it very inspiring, “If you take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves.” - Maria Edgeworth.

Don’t get ahead of yourself, and accept that what you have control over is the current moment in time.