Feeling really sad

I was doing great. Then it all fell apart. A fellow I was with came back and it was a dream then it wasn’t. It was back to him not having time and he’s a recovering addict of 8 years and lives with his parent and 15 year old son and it just crashed and burned all I did with my counselor. It crashed because he wants his life to stay the same and I want mine to grow. I’ve stayed away mostly from here because I was ashamed and sad and alone and crying and feeling awful. I need to reset. I’m just so frustrated and sad and hurt and feeling like I not only need to reset but that I’m so lonely and if I do this I’m really alone because hey I’m in Kentucky, people bleed bourbon here.

3 Likes

Sounds like a hard lesson learned. Reset and recommit. Don’t let others dictate how you live and what your happiness is or can be.

Gotta learn to love the company you’re in, especially when you’re alone.

5 Likes

Thank you @CaptAZ! Even just one response is what I needed. I appreciate you.

1 Like

Life can be trying, but don’t give up on yourself and you’ll never fail.

Keep plugging away

1 Like

Stay strong you got this, if you fall down get back up and try harder.

3 Likes

Thank you both so much! I’ve been really hard on myself. And feeling really alone. I had counseling and went to the gym today where I get to kick and punch stuff but I’m a sensitive soul and fall apart easy.

2 Likes

Most of us are sensitive, put on a brave face and all that but lots of stuff can spiraling.

Gotta learn from our lessons. Gotta stay in the here and the now.

3 Likes

Way to go on taking care of yourself at the gym and counseling.

You tried it twice with that guy and it didn’t work. Now you know. Give yourself time for yourself then there will be someone better.

4 Likes

You all are my company tonight.

Thank you for responding and your honesty.

I know I’m doing good things with counseling and the gym. But I’m not doing good things this past week. Probably staying away from here was wrong. But I’m here.

3 Likes

I had to reset on my third day here. That was when I finally, finally surrendered to the fact that I was an alcoholic. You know what set me off? Absolutely nothing. I went to a hen party, walked in the door, saw the bottle and poured.

I doubt that many, if any, of us have quit drinking the first (or sixth or fourteenth?) time we tried. But you came back. You. Came. Back. You know what went wrong and you are taking steps so that it won’t happen again. That’s all any of us can do. This time, you have tools and awareness that you didn’t have before. You were doing great - and you can again.:heart:

2 Likes

But you’re here now! A good nights sleep & prayer (if you’re so inclined) can do wonders for a brand new perspective tomorrow. You’re doing so many good things! Don’t be discouraged one minute longer. The healthier you get, the easier life becomes in so many ways. Keep doing the next right thing. Surround yourself with our shiny faces daily & as the very wise @CaptAZ said ‘Sobriety is a team sport’…you’re on our team & we’ve got your back! Big hugs :hugs:

3 Likes

Ok so staying away from here didn’t work. Now you know. I’m so glad you came back! We’ve all been there. Try not to beat yourself up too much. We’re all human.

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I’m balling my eyes out and feeling so lost and alone and discouraged.

1 Like

You’re never alone here. We all know the feeling, but that’s when we jump on here and talk or even just look at cute pet photos! Stay strong, Sister. You’re worth it.

1 Like

You all are helping me so much tonight. Thank you! I wish I could hug you all. And thank you for not making me sound ridiculous.

1 Like

I know I can do it. I’m just too dang emotional that I falter

Pet pics and sober leg selfies for the win!

3 Likes

3 Likes

It took me over a year for me (well her) to figure out our relationship was toxic as shit. You are miles ahead of me!

1 Like

@Englishd I have a horrible past
I was drugged and rapped and abused for 5 years by a terrible human and I got out but was drug back in because one of his sons was diagnosed with brain cancer and was dying and the child wanted me there. So I stayed until the end

This guy I speak of now was my first attempt at a relationship since. Didn’t go great.