Feeling restless and unable to focus

Hey there,

today im really struggling with feeling restless and overwhelmed. Im currently looking for a job, sent out a few applications but have received no answer yet. Since i quit gaming and youtube i went to the library almost every day but today i just kept browsing job postings, not continuing anything in my cover letters, not even deciding on the next job to apply to. Usually this is a sign for me that i will relapse soon. Im just kind of stressed about the job application and simultaneuosly unable to productively work on it. In the past, in uni and at my past job ive had these situations and often i was unable to stop myself from wasting days and weeks running away from the situation. I tried meditation and im doing sports. Does anyone of you have experience with these feelings? What do you do when it happens, how to unlock it again?

3 Likes

Get busy with constructive stuff. I did a couple things that took most of my time when I was looking for work after school:

• got involved in my community with volunteering (I did it with my church but you can do volunteering in many places)
  • went to as many trade shows as I could: I went to university and college job fairs, I went to job fairs in different cities and towns
  • took jobs to pay the bills: I delivered the newspaper for 6 months (up at 2:30 every day, delivered news to hundreds of houses); I did tutoring (I’m pretty good at math, parents paid me to tutor their kids, I tutored in libraries; sometimes I tutored at the parents homes (extra $$ to do that, to pay for my travel time): in Canada, where I live, a good tutor can charge $50 an hour to tutor in a library; if you’re just starting out you can start maybe $25 or $30 for library tutoring, and go up from there)
2 Likes

Thanks @Matt

1 Like