This started because i was told i had to get clean
Now i want to
I still gave in
So much to lose
So little to gain
Damn addict brain
Help

8 Likes

Try to learn from this relapse, what can you do to avoid a new one?
What has helped me a lot was to come here every day to check in sober and holding myself acountable.
You did 16 days so you know what has helped you with that and because of hour relapse you also learned about what not.
Make a list of things what helps you to stay clean and sober, what do you need to succeed?
Put it somewhere to read every day and live by it.
And next time? Come here before picking up and talk about your cravings.
We are all here for you to listen and help.
:heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Sheena, sorry you have been struggling. You gotta figure out what tools you need to stay sober. TS can be one of those tools, @SoberWalker is right. I had many restarts in my journey, so many people here have. But you learn from it, and you get back to working on recovering yourself. It’s hard in the beginning, and the addiction voice is strong, but it does get better and that voice does get weaker. Keep at it! Sending you strength and love.

5 Likes

Just chalk it up to more experience. Don’t be so hard on yourself, very very very few people get it on the first try. And now you got to feel what it’s like to wake up sober and then the opposite. Just hold them up in a side-by-side comparison. And not just that, it gets even better after 16 days. And just like the above poster, said, come on here before you pick up. Early on this community helped me out when I was right on the brink. We all are here for you! Best Wishes!

4 Likes

Come here today, stay clean right now, fight for this moment. Focus on here and now and do not worry about tomorrow, or after work today. That’s called future tripping, it’s hard to do something when you’re thinking ahead. The longer you can adapt this mentality the less control addiction will have on you. Best wishes.

5 Likes

I read something a while back that helps me when my “addict” brain butts into my sobriety-You’re always just one decision away from a totally different life-
It helps me🙂

6 Likes

I love that. It really is just as simple as that and when combined with progress not perfection, it breaks it down into small manageable steps.

@Sheenaelan it’s okay to be disappointed in the decision but don’t focus on that feeling for too long, because the decision to come back and try again is a much harder decision to make. Give yourself kudos. You made 16 days, so you know you can do it.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone
I appreciate you taking the time to reach out

It sure is filed up. You’ll be just fine and presto your resetting again. Stay honest with yourself and find the loophole that gives a greenlight to use. Why did you say yes. Find that instant- and smash it with a hammer!

1 Like