Feeling sad but at the same time want to move forward

Hey friends… I haven’t been on for a couple of weeks and I want to start fresh again!! It’s never to late to keep fighting a addiction. Yes I’m a alcoholic and I want change… and only i can change my ways… my father was a alcoholic and just traded his for another addiction the same with my cousin… and me personally do not want to do so… I’m not in the best shape of my life but I’m happy to be alive. I have a very loving girlfriend and 5 kids. And I’m tired of putting my addiction 1st… I have a great job but haven’t been going to work because of my addiction and obviously of covid. Allot of my family members have gotten it but has survived… unfortunately my girlfriends aunt got it and passed away from it… it can be scarey out there and I just want to quit my addiction I need to have faith in god and in myself… thank you for reading my post. And any advice anyone out there can give me or share your story thank you

7 Likes

Heyy @Barker1985

I’m matt addict alcoholic and constant relapser

I have 3 days sober today
The 1st day is the hardest
The second day is also kind of groggy and wish washy
The 3rd day seems to be when it gets a bit easier
On my 3rd day my energy came back. I was up at 7am with no power and still managed to stay awake and that was a good thing.

Alcohol and weed make me soooo tired the next day and I can’t take that wish washy hangover feeling anymore.

The 1st 24 hours are the hardest for myself. So close yet so far away ya know.

The thing is, sobriety time could be like a tatu
You get the tatu (sobriety)and the first 3 days are great. The you can get ust to the tat. The tat is still it’s still there (sobriety) but the days are adding up sence you got your tat (sober days)

Eventually you have 40 years (real person I know) with the tat ( sobriety)

It’s more simple then anything. Just don’t pick up. Unfortunately it can also be hard.

Recovery and sobriety take time no doubt and the peer pressure is still there. Your family and friends might ask you to go pick up for them. That was a huge issue for me. you might need work on saying no.

Also friends would show up with substance. Just say you don’t want to drink or drug. Peer pressure can happin without anyone realizing

Don’t get mad just keep saying no
Eventually your real friends will be there for you and will even encourage sobriety.

Sobriety is simple
But things might need change and yes that will take time. Just don’t pick up and it will all work out.

Aa is so amazing
That’s where you im learning how to speak from the heart. Simply go online and find a meeting or call the 24/7 aa meeting on the zoom app. Actually that’s a great start. The zoom meeting
Just turn your camera off and listen

292 371 2604
That is an AA meeting on the zoom app 24 hours everyday
Check it out anytime

I want to hear more from you
:slight_smile:
Good luck

1 Like

Have you read this?

If not, could be a good place to start! And just read around in general. There is so much advice and support here and like most things in life you will get out what you put in. Read, read, read some more. Keep checking in and reach out whenever you need to :pray::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I need to do this… I have tried to talk to a doctor and they denied helping me with medication to stop drinking

Try meetings at least a few times. You’ve got nothing to lose.
I really want to hear you are going to try something to help you. Your kids deserve a present father and you deserve the joy of being proud.

All the answers are within these pages my friend.
You just need to be able to let go and open your mind to accept the process.
Have you thought about a program of any type?
Try staying in touch with this site. The stats prove that people on here with long-term sobriety have been here every day.
You can’t just not drink. We need to work hard at this. Especially in the early days, it needs to be the most important thing in our lives.

I will and thank you Donna

Yeah I understand that too… well I have to start a goal and start meetings on zoom reading my AA book. Keep my faith and not give into temptation to use.

1 Like

Talking is the medicine my brotha. Be the change in your family. Be the change for your family, your kids, your wonderful girlfriend, your job, most all - for you.

Being sad and wanting to move forward are the most valid feelings you can own. Be sad and let it ride out then focus on forward :v:t5:

2 Likes

Thanks man that’s positive advice. I will fight for what I need to do this time to maintain my sobriety

2 Likes