Feeling Thankful During the Holidays

I’m approaching my 8 months and I’m about to experience my first sober Christmas in years. When I got sober, I was horribly depressed and I felt like the world around me didn’t care. But after all these months, I’ve truly grown, and I’m able to recognize all the people I have on my side. It started with just getting advice from people on this app, but then it grew to developing relationships with the people around me. I’m thankful for this community, my family and friends, and immensely thankful for my sobriety. I’d love to hear from you guys in just spreading a little bit of cheer during the holidays :grin:

15 Likes

Good share! Congrats on 8 months!

This is a message a lot of people need to hear. When we’re down, a lot of times what we preceive is often the opposite of reality.

Word!

4 Likes

Congrats on 8 months sober!

1 Like

Attitude of gratitude is the best tool in my toolbox I developed and practiced early on. Now it’s the lense in which I see through in my day to day life. Congrats. Holidays are better sober!

2 Likes

Mission accomplished! :grin: Congrats to you on your sober time! Merry Xmas! :stars:

2 Likes

This will be my first sober Christmas too! What I really appreciate so far is my ability to show up. In previous years a tiny bit of stress led me to a drink and I never stop with just one. This year (so far) without the shame hangover cycle I have a lot less stress. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, EXCELLENT share and lets head into 2023 sober. I’ll start with today. :blush::clap:t3:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 8 months!!

We visited the local ‘flowering bridge’ last night, they have beautiful lights for Christmas! Was chilly holiday cheer!!

I was so grateful that I was sober and could easily navigate the squiggly dark road around the lake!!!

3 Likes