Feeling the benefits of my sobriety

Well it’s a lovely summer evening here in the west of England and I’ve had my best day out of the six today. My anxiety seem to be levelling out a bit . I’ve managed to spend a good few hours with my mum today without having to say I’ve got to be on my own for a bit now I’ll see you later . I’ve also had conversations with neighbour s that I haven’t even more than grunted at before today . because of my addiction s I stopped talking to people .I’ve also managed a fuckin meal :pray:t2: Food s been a bone of contention this week it did not want to go down at all without being forced by water then I have to stop because I feel full ! (I’ve survived on fruit ) my body seems to like that right now ,Nice relaxing bath now and a good book. It’s kinda coming back to me who I was before I used and I’m looking forward to keeping her this time . Thanks again to everyone for your support over my first week here especially @Butterflymoonwoman @Matt @Noshame (I feel like you understand the bones of me ) @RoseCityRonin @JazzyS @Cjp @Scorpn @Lisa07 @Aussie_Tiger @Ray_M_C_Laren .my gratitude cups spilt over xx

25 Likes

Glad to hear it @19801! Happy for you :innocent:

5 Likes

We’re glad you’re here Corine! I’m glad you’re starting to feel less anxious and isolated :heart::people_hugging:

5 Likes

So glad ur starting to feel better :smiley: The benefits of sobriety are just beginning to show themselves to u. Theres sooo many gifts that sobriety has to offer.
A nice bath and a good book sounds lovely! You deserve a happy, healthy, sober life and im grateful that ur here :purple_heart:

7 Likes

An im very grateful your here too :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I love this post Corrine. So glad to see you here with us on this beautiful sober journey. This a wonderful community where we all supported each other as we know how truly ugly addiction really is.

Great work on 6 days! Grateful that you are starting to feel the benefits too…keep at it friend…it only gets better.:people_hugging:

6 Likes

So glad you’re feeling some of the benefits. Stick with us and you’ll experience many more. Keep building those sober muscles and sobriety will get easier to manage. Happy to be walking this journey with you.

4 Likes

That was nice to read your progress. Well done :clap:

3 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

@19801
Keep up the good work!!

4 Likes

Sooo glad you are enjoying some peace! Remember, you deserve it and you are amazing. If I can say, these moments will only become more frequent as you move forward. This community is so supportive and stories like yours really do inspire others. We got your back :slight_smile:

Wishing you all the happiness you deserve!

5 Likes

“We can only keep what we have by giving it away.” Thank you. We’re here for each other.

4 Likes

wish i was down there been raining two days solid here , manged a few garden jobs …doing great wish you well

1 Like

Sorry to hear that :umbrella: We’ve got it forecast after tomorrow :unamused:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Refreshedperspective

1 Like

30 years married today

8 Likes

Happy Anniversary Ray and Sheila! :tada:
You 2 lovebirds are so cute together. :blush:

1 Like

Happy anniversary Ray! 30 years is amazing :heart_eyes:
8b4bf13f9ac7e88e03395f8292b10fcd