Feeling very anxious all of a sudd3n

Feeling really anxious all of a sudden. I’m in work & the pressure just hit me all at once, and not work related pressure because it’s quiet. I just feel shaky and on edge but don’t know the reason why.
Need some words of motivation to get me through my shift.
Tell me how your day is going?

1 Like

My day was what I would consider a relatively calm day for me…I seem to be getting back to what I would consider a normal frame of mind. What do u think is causing you to feel anxious? I know in the first couple days of my sobriety I was constantly on edge…felt very shaky, regardless of my surroundings, situation or environment that I was in. Are you early on in your sobriety?

Hang in there. Anxiety is just a feeling and a feeling cannot hurt you. You’re at work but do you have access to any calming scents? I keep a roller ball container of lavender essential oil at my work desk for when those moments hit me. A cup of hot tea always helps me too. Make sure it’s decaf though. Do deep breathing and affirmations that nothing is wrong and that the moment will pass.

I think if you use the search tool and look for anxiety you’ll find some posts with helpful info. It’ll be okay, girl!

If you’re able to, some good music, someone else said tea already, and I work in the medical world so when I get a chance, I try to escape it all to the safety of my car and just listen to podcasts. Something about narration, etc. Make sure you’re eating/drinking enough, sometimes I get shaky when I forget to do those things the whole day at work. Otherwise maybe some breathing exercises and/or a mantra of sorts, sometimes that basic stuff works the best. Anxiety is all concentrated irrationality, so just think of the parts you can control and try to go from there. Hope you feel better!

Thanks guys, on my 67th day sober so still early days, I’ve taken some kalms tablets and some herbal bachs remedy drops, shift is nearly over so going okay at the minute. I have calmed down a bit now thank you everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Take it a day at a time not every day will be awesome, you start fresh tammorow

1 Like