Fell off my horse

After going 14 days without alcohol, I fell off my horse last night. I don’t know why but I did. I’m getting back up on my horse, reset my counter and making a goal to pass the 14 days. That is the longest I’ve went without alcohol in many many years. I was and still am pretty proud of myself for going that long. I can do this, I got this. Just have to get back on my horse and move along

10 Likes

I too fell off the horse last night. Reset and let’s GO! Onward to better things. I think one of the biggest things is we both held ourselves accountable for our actions and owned our mistakes. We didn’t have to come on here and post saying we screwed up. Yes, we were down but we arent out and today is a new day!

5 Likes

Maybe you guys need to put that old horse out to pasture and stand on your own two feet. I have faith in you!

10 Likes

I once made it to 90 days and relapsed. Now at almost 2 1/2 years. Failures aren’t often failures. Just part of the process.

5 Likes

Longest I’ve got to is 97 days- slowly getting back to that, cannot wait

5 Likes

Fucking glue factory with that horse :rofl:

3 Likes

Amazing work on your 14 days buddys, but. If that horse keeps throwing you off, might be time to find a stallion mate

3 Likes

I don’t know why but I did

I’ll venture a guess as to why. Maybe you are an alcoholic and your alcoholism is not being treated.

There never was any other reason for me when I returned to drinking after 2 days or 3 months. I was, and still am, an alcoholic. Before, I was not in recovery, I was toughing it out until the heat was off. Today, I am recovered and I immunize myself every day against further infection.

What are you going to change to stay sober? There are many solutions for the taking here, look around and find something that suits you

6 Likes

Never had to remount my horse since i came to AA and hes pretty old now lol

4 Likes

I reset last week after 3 days. Today is day 3 again and I will make it to 4. Day by day

3 Likes