Fell off the wagon but I am back

Hey Everyone,

I was sober for about 25 days the last time I tried. I fell off and went right back down the same rabit hole. Day one is now over an I am looking for meetings to start going to. I hear mixed reviews about going to AA. Does anyone have any tips or types of groups they like. I am thinking about a men’s closed group.

1 Like

Hey there.

Well done for getting day 1 out the way. Be proud you have got back to it man

I tried going it alone without AA, it’s not easy and I went right back to alcohol.

AA, for me, worked in the initial weeks of my recovery. AA meetings teach you how to cope with life in sobriety, the program itself keeps you sober.

In the UK, meetings are always closed unless it says otherwise and those were the best ones for me. It is really what works best for you and you will only know that by going to different meetings in your area and finding one thats right for you.

Personally, the one statement that has lodged in my brain, is that only an alcoholic can help another alcoholic.

My advice…Get to a meeting today! And again tomorrow. It doesn’t matter what type it really is, just get there dude. You can work out which one you prefer at a later stage.

It will be the best thing you can do, I promise you.

You have the biggest support network in the world…Use it!!!

Have an awesome day 2, keep hydrated, eat sugary snacks and get to a meeting.

And if you are really struggling, call someone you trust or get online here and talk!

Have a great day bro! :blush:

6 Likes

Try all sorts of meetings until you find that one you just know is right. Depending on my day I like different meetings. My favorite meeting is one I know I can get to lol.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the response! Really hit home! I will get to one today. My father is a recovering alcoholic and has need sober for 26 years. He told me to do 90 meetings in 90 days. That’s is what I am going for.

1 Like

@Austin1990

You got this Dude! :slight_smile:

1 Like