Fentanyl Addiction

I’ve been 21 days sober from fentanyl because my fiancé overdosed; however a friend of mine introduced me to meth and I can’t stop using meth. I don’t know what to do. I need support. I need help. I feel lost.

1 Like

A friend?? Separate yourself from people like that first of all, Alysha. Your fiance should be a strong reminder and of hope to get away from that shit.
Come on girl, dig deep and do it.

5 Likes

Both have disastrous effects, maybe try NA?

1 Like

It’s so hard, I have an addictive personality and my ‘friend’ just bought me more and wants to see me. She doesn’t even do it but oddly wants me too.

I’m definitely going to an NA, I hope it helps.

4 Likes

Good idea Alysha. Stay free from all that sh*t & it will keep you alive. Change your number and cut ties with that “friend”.

www.NA.org - you can find your nearest meeting there. Go to as many as you like. Keep going. It’s something to do and it’s a place where you’ll meet real friends.

2 Likes

My God I had to claw my way out of active fetynol addiction . I fought and fought and fought to get free and it was always like a twilight zone episode I would return against my will 87 days out of that nightmare and u can do it too I promise u can let go of the wheel as hard as that is I tried every fucken thing that ur thinking of to free urself dont waste time do what in ur heart u kno it takes to be part of society again to access ur true self again …

3 Likes

Ive had a tough time with meth too, best to just try distance yourself from the drug activity, lifestyle, dealers, users, trap houses, sinks its teeth in and just eats people up. Felt like shyt everytime i used but found myself strung out on it till i made a whole lifestyle change. You can make it out now while theres still time. Wish you well.:pray:

5 Likes

The old cliché…change people, places and things worked for me. I cut ties with everyone associated with the drug scene,. I stayed home and missed out on a lot of parties/events until I was further along in recovery. Ditched all paraphernalia so there was no temptation or reminders.

5 Likes

Hope you get to a NA meeting there youl find the friends that you need right now not the one who keeps feeding your addiction wish you well

2 Likes

Don’t stop trying. I know it sounds cliche, but every day keep trying. A lot of suggestions in this thread are great- one thing that’s helped me is listening to daily affirmation videos on YouTube to start the day. It helps get my mind right from the start.

1 Like