Figuring things out

I currently have 10 days clean from my last relapse. I have been trying to get it right since December and I just can’t seem to figure out how to live clean. I just need some people to talk to that can show me how they did it. I’m willing to take any suggestions and try anything to stay sober. I want a better life for my family and I

2 Likes

Welcome! In order to accomplish anything, you need two things: The will to do so, and the means to do so. You’ve expressed the will. We can help you find the means.

For me, it all comes down to one drink…the drink that matters…the first drink. If I say “no” to the first drink, there can’t be a second or third or eighth. I win, 100%. I like those odds.

If I say “yes”, then I lose. It becomes a matter of how big I lose. I don’t like those odds.

I don’t play the odds, because I’m not willing to risk the stakes, which for me is LIFE.

6 Likes

I found hundreds of these people in the rooms of AA. Helped me lots, maybe they could help you too.

2 Likes

You’ve bloody nailed it there!!! Wow that really hits home for me :thinking:

2 Likes

The fact that you turned up here and that you keep trying says to me you’ve got determination, reach out to the people on here, they are all so wise and inspirational. I’m here if you wanna talk anytime, currently 3 days in and doing ok. Thanks to this lot! :heart:

1 Like

Keep that open mind! Look at what you have been doing, that hasn’t been working for you and see what you can improve.
Don’t be closed minded about any suggestions.
Be prepared to change your life :grinning: