Film: "My Name is Bill W"

I just watched this with some sober friends last night - it was terrific! I’m a sap, so I cried a couple of times and I loved it.

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting to watch but haven’t found it yet. Was it on Netflix?

I think Amazon prime and YouTube

2 Likes

Watched it years ago great story how these two guys started AA and saved my life keep on trucking

3 Likes

It is a great movie :slight_smile: i saw that movie when i was at the clinic too. It sure is inspiering. It changed me about AA . And i need to have it in my life

1 Like

I shall have to look at this. Thanks Ariel.

I watched this last night. Incredible sharing of their story together on the day Dr. Bob passed away. Old footage from an AA meeting.

1 Like

Nice! I have an audio CD of this that I received with some books given to me. I listened to it several times and then passed around my home group. It helped me understand some really important things about the fellowship and how it works. So so good. :bird:

1 Like

Watching this now. I like how it shows exactly what happens when someone gets drunk and makes an ass out of themselves. So many movies and tv shows make it look cool. In reality it’s just being embarassing, being a jack ass, and regretting saying stupid shit to people that we care about. And then the wicked hangover that lasts three days. The wasted opportunities, lost money, friends, and jobs. I really like the movie. Could be the story of any drunk that ruined their life and family with alcohol.

1 Like