Finally coming to my senses

Last Friday / early Saturday, I finally decided to do it for real this time and kick the ket after 7/8 years.

I’ve wanted to quit for so long but it’s come in the form of a big realisation brought on by my Girlfriend of 4+ years and my best mate of 15+. I’ve just realised I’m literally throwing my life away and destroying the relationships I have with my family and friends. We used to have “Movie night” which my mate has pointed out is blatantly a massive excuse to get blackout & paraletic on the tackle. He’s right. Hard to have a movie night when you can’t see the screen.

K is a weird one I guess because unlike coke or any stim, you don’t crave another bump, until it’s too late… with the circles I associate with it’s very common to have a line or two as a social thing and it’s such a shame so many people get sucked in.

I did the classic ‘Man who said he’s quitting’ thing and threw my bag away in the morning, whereas before I probably would have stuck a note in and spent the first 4 hours of being awake on melting into the sofa. Hopefully this time, I actually stick to my words. I’ve told my partner that although it isn’t her job to mother me, if she could remind me of the conversation we had which made me realise all this the next time I go to call the guy.

7 days here I come… see you soon :crossed_fingers:

P.s I’m not seeing many stories about K on here, if you’ve been in this situation, reach out!

10 Likes

Welcome Josh! My DOC wasnt K but i have done my fair share of it. Im glad ur here trying to change ur life. Drugs really serve no benefit or purpose, yet our minds will lie to us and try to convince us that we need it. Challenging those lies for me were half the battle to getting clean. Stay connected and reach out to the forum BEFORE u pick up so we can help u thru it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community!!! Like Dana, K wasn’t my DOC but I was a heavy user to get high when I couldn’t get high off my DOC anymore. I think that you will find lots of support here regardless of people’s DOC. I do however know that @Clarity 's DOC was K, I have tagged her so I am sure she will pop by.

I hope you stick around and get the support you deserve through your recovery. We can’t do this alone.

4 Likes

Hi! It’s so true, the mind does crazy things to get what it wants. Thanks for the kind words, I’ll pop by if I get an itching. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi! Yeah I’m getting that vibe from some of the posts here, a lot of supportive people! Looking forward to hearing from Clarity if she pops by. I think the main issue is that I didn’t really speak about it in previous and tried to do it alone. My partner was always supportive but at the end of the day it’s only me that can put a stop to it, along with the support of those around me. Hopefully you’ll all see some positive posts from me, actually feeling good about it this time.

2 Likes

Welcome and sounds like a really good decision to kick it. You can use the search feature to look stuff up or check out tags. Glad you are here.

1 Like

Cheers, good to be here. Will do!

1 Like

Dropping in here daily is a positive move towards keeping your head straight. Sometimes I just want to read a few posts and the next thing I know I’m sharing my experience in hopes of helping someone else.
Keep coming back.

3 Likes