Finally made it past day 3

So I’ve been struggling to get over the “hump” and get past day 3 of using. I’m by no means on any pink cloud , but I did finally get past 3 days. On day 6 now. WD not too bad, still tired af and can’t fall asleep w o a ton of sleeping meds , but I am stoked , bc I just kept getting to day 3 and going back out. Yes, you do start ur Wd’s all over again. And feel Day one two and three . My addict mind kept telling me I won’t feel the wd’s as intense, but that was a lie I was telling myself haha but happy here to say . Over my hardest part.

7 Likes

So glad you did it! My mind told me SO, SO many lies to keep me drinking. Great effort to get
to six!

2 Likes

Well done. Just keep the momentum going. You are strong enough!:grinning:

3 Likes

How are you doing today?

1 Like

Good, well… sore but good. Sleep has been an issue , literally 2-4 hours , but yesterday went to the beach and went hard on the jet ski , endorphins and all, but my whole body is sore from it. It’s weird to feel actually FEEL pain and to be so tired and unmotivated. But I keep forcing myself to get up and do things, it sucks honestly, but I know it will get better. I can’t wait. Actually day 10 today took a long time to get just a short time of clean time . But I’m not going back . Bc I had the hardest time getting past that 3rd day for some reason, and I don’t want to do that dance again. They say you have a monkey on your back. I have a damn gorilla. But again , I’m embracing the pain and fatigue finally. I want to live a love life .

1 Like

Ha ha, loved your saying about the gorilla! :hugs:
I feel you, his weight will be lesser and lesser when your amound of sober days increase.
And when you have cravings, think back to the hard day 3. It helps! :facepunch: