Finally took the 1st serious step

After looking for a detox place I can get into for 9 days, I finally got in this March 17th. I’m now 6 days completely sober from alcohol, suboxen, and even weed. My brother died back on 3/18/03, and now instead of mourning his loss by getting fucked up, I now consider 3/18/17 my new birthday to a new life. I don’t count the 17th because I was still loaded. But now I was reborn again. I’m taking it one day at a time. Wish me luck everyone!! :+1:

10 Likes

@NeverGiveup right on! Glad to see you on the right track. Keep working a program (this is the important part) so you will continue to learn the tools necessary out in the real world.

1 Like

1 Like

Wow Awsome. Sry for ur loss. What a coincidence that u got in at the perfect time for change :heart::candle:perfect day for ur birthday​:birthday:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m doing everything in my power continue one day at a time. I’m actually feeling a little better than yesterday which I’m grateful for.

Thank you. I have noticed staying busy is helping me get through this tough time of withdrawing. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. I have noticed keeping busy is helping me with the withdrawal.

Thank you, I feel it in my heart that’s what I’m supposed to do, so I’m going for it.

Hey @NeverGiveup just remember your name! Congrats on your decisions!, be kind to yourself, stay strong, and stay connected.