Find myself on here less

So I made a year sober…feel great with no plans of ever drinking…but find myself drifting away from this app that helped me so much…is that usual…should I make it a priority to be on here…or should I just let life be and enjoy it…uugghh

14 Likes

Just do what feels right brother. Pop in everyonce in a while and say hello, you gotta live your life doing you and being happy. You know will always be here if u need us

5 Likes

I think it’s normal. Seems the longer you’re sober, the less you need the support; It’s not a bad thing. Like @anon60334405 said, you know where to find us if you ever need to vent or get support; in the meantime, go live your best life! Giddyup!

2 Likes

Do what works for you and feels right. :heart:

1 Like

Hey there…congrats on one year!!! I’ve been here a bit over three years and my involvement goes up and down and up all the time. Life happens. And I think it’s important to practice being fully invested in your life! That being said…this app helps me to keep what “living” is clearheaded for me. Community, making connections, remembering what life was like before drugs and booze, reminding myself of the great gift of sobriety etc. whatever works :yellow_heart:

1 Like

We each must walk our own path. I’ve been here every one of my 1175 days. Sometimes I read a lot and comment. Sometimes I read and leave a like or two. Sometimes I scan, and sometimes I only respond to responses to my comments or on threads I’m tagged in.

But I am me, and you are you. Your mileage may vary.

6 Likes

Huge congrats on 1 year. Follow your gut. And I agree with everyone else you do what’s right for you and come by if you ever need any support.

1 Like

For me, approaching 3 years in a month, I spend a lot less time on here. I drift away, then come back. Just part of the process.

4 Likes

Honestly I have felt that some too. From my perspective it seems to be that I get on a lot of social media and my phone in general less and less. I just take every day as it comes. Tonight for example I feel like being active and checking in on folks so I am, but personally I don’t intend to put pressure on myself to be online. It is always nice to have a group to come to if there is a tough day or something too. Just as a reminder of how far you have come and all. Congrats on a year!

1 Like