Finding a Sponsor While On M.A.T

So I struggle with this due to my past experience . Years back I had found someone I wanted to guide me though the steps and who I can build a genuine friendship with along the way and when I had asked her to if she could sponsor me , she wanted to know if I was on any Maintenance (Suboxone or Methadone) . I told her how I’m prescribed Suboxone through my outpatient clinic and she informed me that until I was COMPLETELY off any kind of M.A.T , she wouldn’t Sponsor me . Since then I’m in fear of asking anyone else . What I’m trying to ask is if there is anything online or something where you can find Women willing to sponsor those specifically on M.A.T ?

Please&&Thanks

4 Likes

First off that’s bullshit what she did. Lastly you don’t want a sponsor that closed minded. I get it but you have to start somewhere whatever it takes to get clean. I’m sorry you feel off putted by that I would just take that as you dodged a bullet with that person. She was not meant for you and something, and someone better as a sponsor is waiting for you. I’d just ignore that experience and really pay attention to someone that has recovery you want in you’re life some are hard asses yes in the end they just wants what’s best for you in the end. They want, and I want you to feel the freedom the steps provide. Anyways sorry that triggered me :grimacing: don’t give up try again sis

3 Likes

https://virtual-na.org/meetings/

These are not exclusively for women but it’s all I know of online wise they are 24/7 N.A. meetings you’re bound to find the lucky woman to work with you. You will help them as much as they will help you. I wish you the best of luck

1 Like

Thanks Hun , Ill have 6 months on the 22nd and just came back to my hometown from being at a Halfway House . The first thing I did was make it to the Speaker Jam tonight and ended up going alone so I had no other choice but to put myself out there and talk to people . I’m use to going with someone and “blending” in the background as they introduce me , doing what I should be doing myself all along . I had a hard time understanding being uncomfortable means I’m changing . Now I do get it , cause I was always content with others networking for me .

2 Likes

Thank you so much ! It means alot . :heart::heart:

1 Like

It’s all growth man. Congratulations on 6 months that’s amazing good for you. I would take a look around here there alot of awesome men & women here that care. Everyone has there own ways of recovery. But we are all in support of each other. I’m sure people have more info than me I’m just a random on the net lol. Keep putting yourself out there I’m learning myself I need to be vulnerable and not have so many expectations of people. There’s someone out there waiting for you trust. Don’t be selfish And not ask someone to sponsor you in person hahaha. You’re denying them some of there recovery as well :hugs:. Anyways I’m happy you are here hope to see you around more with some updates much love :pray::muscle::blue_heart:

You are so full of courage and strength. Six months is huge. I found that just by showing up and staying on the path, the right people will come along at the right time. That whole higher power thing, you know :wink:

1 Like