Finding beauty & pleasure in simple things again

Anyone else feel like they are finding yourself enjoying, noticing, & just feeling things that you would have never even took the time to notice or think about before getting sober. I’m 12 days sober today and I’ve been walking every morning. And I’ve really been finding so much peace & pleasure in feeling the sun on my face. Looking at the colors around me, the trees, the sky. The feeling of that wind, the sound of the birds. It’s kind of amazing. & kind of weird at the same time lol

17 Likes

Yes! Isnt it fantastic?!

5 Likes

That’s beautiful! I also enjoy the healing power of nature. Congrats on your 12 days! :herb::evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

It really is!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I still do! :green_heart:
Walking in nature is a big part of my recovery, glad you discovered it as well!
Congratulations for the 12 days! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

10 Likes

Yeah. I’m at 16 days without a drink. Went for a walk yesterday morning and actually noticed the lilac trees all blossoming purples and pinks. It’s strange how these things now have something about them I can admire and appreciate. Mornings seem so much more vivid in colour and I actually want to leave the house. I suppose not having a hangover also helps… These little benefits are actually quite inspiring and help to keep me on the right track.

4 Likes