First AA funeral tomorrow

I’m going to the funeral of a wonderful lady tomorrow. She had 1 drink over the Xmas period and it killed her. Problems with her pancreas after years of heavy alcohol abuse.

She was sober for a number of years and was a shining light when I first started going to meetings :pray::disappointed:

It makes me not want to drink even more. Drinking will kill us all if we let it

35 Likes

May she rest in peace friend :pray:
Wishing you all the strength during this difficult time its a reality that couldve been any of us if we continued our path with poison your right stay strong :pray:

1 Like

a sad times my cousin couldnt stop her funeral on the 12 th feb she was found by police on the 3rd Jan ,

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that Ray :pray:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, friend. Goodbyes are never easy, no matter the circumstance. :disappointed:

1 Like

Oh no :pensive: my prayers go out to her and her family as well as you! Im sorry to hear this and wish you the best on this journey of not only recovery but with the grief of losing someone wonderful. :pray::heart:

1 Like

My condolences Darren :black_heart: Don’t have any other words. Very sad news indeed.

1 Like

My prayers for you and your AA family.

1 Like

My condolences. This disease is dreadful.

1 Like

This is brutal and yet so powerful, it’s also why for me being part of a recovery program is so important as the ones who are taken by the disease are never heard about, the media here brush over a death if alcohol was involved (unless it was a drink driver)
I remember my first AA funeral and it was a massive eye opener as he was the same age as me :pensive:
Take care and hope you are doing well :pray:

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss Darren :worried:

1 Like

I’m very sorry for your loss Darren. Sending you lots of love and strength to get through this.
:heart: :pray:

Unfortunately, we all have another relapse in us but not all of us have another recovery.

5 Likes

I hope today goes as well as it can @DarrenUK.

1 Like

I know this situation well. Being part of an amazing AA community myself, sadly I’ve endured some very tragic and preventable losses. Im so glad to here that this is generating a stronger desire to remain sober. Its that first drink. Its so unfortunate :disappointed:. We have a daily reprieve… an answer. Today I have God by my side and this divinely written book and the people in this program. I dont have to use no matter what. My warmest wishes are with you :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks guys :pray::pray:

1 Like

I’m so sorry :disappointed: sending you love and support today. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

So sorry Darren. May she RIP. I hope and pray you find peace and contentment through this.

1 Like

I wish you all well and may she be remembered for her sobriety!!!

1 Like

So tragic :heart:, and a poignant reminder of our own fragility. I have been to too many funerals of people who have never even accepted their vulnerability to their addiction. God bless. :pray:

1 Like

I am so sorry.

By the grace of God go all of us. Bless her soul.

I hope the funeral was peaceful and that you found some closure.

1 Like