First AA meetng

I will attend the first AA meeting tomorrow. I am littel nervous. I think I’ll listen more, I don’t think I can talk.My previous attempts have always failed, so I decided to try different ways. I will get more determined and more support.AA is one of them, wish me luck Day 3

11 Likes

I went to my first one a few weeks back. I have another one later today. I love this app but meeting people face to face with AA is really helpful too. Together talking sober + AA is a good combo for me. Just take a deep breathe and do it. You’ll be fine…let us know how it goes.

4 Likes

Thank you good to hear that, I will share how the meeting went🤗

I went every day in the beginning. And I didn’t talk till like my 6th or 7th meeting. I couldn’t. I was always a second away from tears. When I finally did open my mouth it was just a thank you to the folks in the meeting for helping me stay sober for a week.

Point is, don’t worry about talking. Just listening at first can work miracles😉

4 Likes

No luck is needed my friend.
You are being guided and all that will happen to you tomorrow is supposed to happen.
All you need to do is live in the present moment, do what needs to be done to get you to the room.
Then let the love guide you.
You will be ok.

2 Likes

Just go, basically one day at a time, though you might like to look one or two days ahead, to see how you’ll fit further meetings in.

And just go to listen at first. No need to ‘share’ at all at beginning, and you can show others you do in fact have a tongue in your head after the formal meeting breaks up, or indeed before if you get there ahead of time. And at that time we do not need to ‘confine our discussions to our problems with alcohol’, so simple small talk is fine.

People will love and admire the fact that you’ve shown up, with a desire to stop drinking - that’s the only requirement!

Chill out and enjoy!

2 Likes

Thank you Gabe :+1:

Yes, today I will listen them.they said they are working on the steps on Fridays , thank you

Thank you :pray:

Youl be ok like anything else it takes courage to go somewere out side your comfort zone but it will be ok wish you well

2 Likes

I attended the first AA meeting today :blush: There were 8 people. Two of them are sober for 22 years. They shared their experiences and said welcome to me. they were very friendly. I got the first chip.:+1: I feel good

3 Likes

Heck yeah! That 24 hour chip was the hardest for me to get

2 Likes

4 Likes

I never forget this chip :pray: I will carry it near myside not the forget :blush:

1 Like

I’m so proud of you! Keep coming back. :two_hearts::bird:

1 Like

My first was last week. Proud of you. It proves to yourself that you will do anything to stop. Well done.

1 Like

I just went to my very first AA meeting this week. I found it really helpful and I hope you give it a shot. Just remember to keep an open mind

3 Likes