First day (again 😔)

I’m on my first day again. Feeling worse than ever. I feel ashamed and guilty, I am so insecure and sad that I am somehow pleased by this state of isolation, I have a good reason to escape from everything and hide in my solitude. During one of my earlier attempts, I wrote here and other people’s stories have helped me a lot, this community and the way you support each other. When I started drinking alcohol again (after 15 days) I simply deleted the app from my phone and pretended I had never used it. And here I am, back again, more miserable than ever, hope you guys will take me back. :pensive:

20 Likes

Of course this community will. I had my fair share of resets. Welcome back

9 Likes

Happy to have you back. I never get things right the first time. Success is always found after a couple failures, and when it works, it’s a beautiful thing.

9 Likes

You’re very much welcomed back!
I was in the same boat and everyone welcomed me back too.
Read up!

8 Likes

It’s good to see you here, and I thank you for your brave honesty and vulnerability. It takes courage to come back and start again. I read posts on this forum for about 4 months before I ever posted and was in a seemingly endless cycle of binge, quit, withdrawals and relapse before I finally put myself out there and joined in the conversation, and it truly helped me.

7 Likes

Welcome back! Its alot easier to walk away from recovery than it is to come back.

Glad you made it back! :muscle:

8 Likes

A lot of us have been there. It took me a long while to get from point A (I need to quit drinking) to point Z (I do not drink). Keep moving forward and never quit working for sobriety. All the steps you take along the way, all the small successes, they add up…you start building those sober muscles …and you get stronger. :heart:

7 Likes

You are here for yourself, not for us not for me :wink: We are a community and you are part of it!
Don’t delete us :hugs:
Welcome back! 🙋

4 Likes

Go easy on yourself. This is a disease. Would you beat yourself up if you had cancer? This is not entirely your fault. It’s the disease that takes us back out. There is a solution and it’s not your fault that you don’t have it yet. Chipper up buttercup. Your recognizing your illness. That’s huge!

4 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself, we’ve all been there. It took me 6 full years of going back and forth before sobriety finally stuck :woman_facepalming: I look back on all that turmoil I suffered (at my hands no less :disappointed:) for all those years and I cringe! But here I stand over eight months sober and loving my life. Even in these scary, trying times I know that I have a lot to be thankful for. Forgive yourself for the past and move forward :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

We won’t just take you back, we want you back, we want every goddam miserably soul out there.
Dis is where recovery is at!! :joy:

2 Likes

Welcome back. It’s always disheartening to stumble. But what’s important is that you puck pick yourself up and continue your journey. We’re here for you.

It’s not how fast you run, or how high you jump; it’s how well you bounce that really matters!

1 Like

Thank you guys so so much :heart: I feel better today. At least mentally. My stomach still hurts terribly. But you gave me hope for today, and we go day by day, right. I woke up more determined than yesterday. It’s nice to open your eyes in the morning with no guilt and no terrible headache. Now I read and drink tea at the window, breathing in the fresh air and listening to the birds chirp. It may sound like a cliche, but somehow I looked at this morning with different eyes and it moved me to tears. Thank you endlessly. I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but I’m grateful and happy to be able to live this day the way I wanted. Stay strong dear people. :pray::revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

I can understand you well … was at the same point 3 days ago.
now i’m back on track … keep going thanks to my partner and the many encouraging words from the dear people here.

we stick together and don’t give up because if not we … who could understand these feelings?

welcome back and no fear … the hope and the good feeling is back faster than you think right now

hugs🤗

2 Likes

Welcome back! Don’t be hard on yourself. You made the right choice and are back where you need to be. You know what it takes. We are here to give you strength and hope. I wish you calm and peace on your journey. One day at a time. #YouCANDoThis

2 Likes

This message is helpful to me today. Thank you. Im so tired of the cycle.

1 Like

I quite literally could have written this myself. Im in the exact same boat. I’ve written the notes, am reading the books, listening to the podcasts yet doing the SAME thing come 5pm (or earlier). I have no more wine in the house today. Im posting for the first time today Im hoping (praying) it will help to give me the strength to not buy anymore.

1 Like