First day at work

First day at work since detox, nervous about all the questions that are bound to be asked.

Good luck with your first day back @Yngjedi . I’m sure it’ll be just fine. Though you’re understandably nervous, try not to get yourself too worked up. Plan something nice for yourself tonight. Maybe your favourite meal or a good film.
And don’t forget to come back here and let us know how you got on :smile:
I would also add, don’t feel obliged to answer questions if you don’t want to. This is your journey, your business. Maybe have some aversion answers ready :smile:

Go forth and have a great day!! :sunny: :sunny:

1 Like

Hopefully your co-workers aren’t meddling aholes, in which case they won’t ask you anything because they won’t know what to say and they won’t want to make you feel uncomfortable. Be very friendly and smiley and focus on work. If you look really busy all the time people will avoid you so they don’t interrupt.

I don’t know what you do or how much your co-workers know, so I can’t give you more specific advice. I do know this is your private business, no one is entitled to the personal details of your life, recovery included.

If you can, keep your phone in your pocket so if you’re in a situation you want to get out of, you can pull it out of your pocket pretending it’s on vibrate, the squint at it and say “I’m sorry, I have to take this.” Then you can walk away on a fake phone call. :slight_smile:
Good luck, you got this! I won’t have a drink with you today!

3 Likes

Can I not have a drink with you today too @Trying ? :wink:

2 Likes

Try not to worry too much, I found when I returned to work, ( after several bouts of absence for rehab) most people weren’t bold enough to ask. Anyone I thought was trying to pry I just passed off with “its great to be back” and “oh I missed this place” sarcastic comments with a smile! There were one or two people, that genuinely cared and asked if I was okay, to which I said yep I just needed some “me time”! Hopefully people will be respectful. Best of luck on the next stage of your recovery :blush:

Let’s get together after work to not have a drink!

1 Like

Excellent! See you then :joy:

Going great, ppl that knew were/are very supportive, none else really asked, except to say welcome back!!

1 Like

Great stuff @Yngjedi :smile: