First day back to work (outside of treatment:))

I’m working for a friend, cleaning, this week. She owns a large company in my city, and she stays pretty busy. I’m excited to start making real money, but a little bit cautious. I know that it could only take one bad day, one second of impulsive decision making, or one seed planted-of a thought that I need energy, pain relief, or motivation from something outside of myself and my HP- to get me back to where I was. Today, as long as I don’t pick up, I’ll be sober, and still well on my way to where I want to be. It’s important for me to remember where I’ve come from and how easily I could revert to active addiction. Most days, I feel like I’m so far from that lifestyle and the woman that had destroyed her life for a buzz. I usually feel as if that life wasn’t my own, but it was and it’s so important to remind myself of the woman I had become. I once did a drug (one time) for 9 years… and I don’t ever want to go back to that lifestyle. I have to remind myself of how far I’ve come, how much I have learned about myslef, and that no addict before me had truly wanted to relapse. If I remind myself to never spare today’s happiness for tomorrow’s pain, I think that I will stay sober.

4 Likes

Te-entry after rehab is so challenging. I literally was an hour at a time. Did virtual meetings, read through posts here, whatever I could to not drink. Keep checking in. You are kicking some sober a$$.

3 Likes

Bookmark this post or copy it to your phone and come back and read it when you feel shaky. A reminder of what you fight for and how precious YOU and your life is. :sparkles: Glad you are here!!

1 Like

I very much appreciate your patience as i join you in your journey of sobriety. Sometimes I’ll have a goofy response but I’m doing it sober. Goofy response are way better than no response.
In this forum, talking sober , Support is a simple message away

1 Like