First Day Clean from Meth

I’ve wanted for so long to take a Buddhist approach to life, but it’s taken me such a long time to realize that in order to grow, you must go through pain and suffering. Today is my first day clean off of ice after a 12 year battle, and I know what’s coming to me will not be easy. I’d like to meet a couple people I can get a hold of when I’m in need of support. Either gender is acceptable. I just want to know that I’ll have someone to talk to if I need someone in a rush, and I haven’t been able to make it to an NA meeting in my area yet because I’ve recently moved back from another city. This is my first post, and my first time on a site like this. I hope it results in a happy, healthy new life. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Here if you need anything, well done we all have your back

2 Likes

I’m so happy you’re here with us :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I can only imagine how liberating it must be after a 12 year battle to take the day back. Keep going!!! We can do this.

3 Likes

Hey I appreciate you. Is there a way to private message people on here? I’d like to give my number out to a couple people so I can keep myself surrounding by positive influences.

2 Likes

Welcome Kat I’m glad you are here. Congratulations on your fist day clean. I applaud you. I embrace Buddhism. I have been in Buddhist based recovery for the past 10 months. First Recovery Dharma online and now Refuge Recovery online and in person. My mentor is in my in-person group. I invite you to reach out to me whenever you like. I am 11 months clean in two days. There’s a way to chat privately. However you feel comfortable. I am just very grateful you found us :heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Kat! Glad you found us.

Yes, but not as a new user. It doesn’t take long at all to unlock other features as long as you continue to stay active here.
I suggest taking the time to get to know people before giving your number out. This is an open forum where anyone can join but not everyone can be trusted.

4 Likes

Yayyy so good to hear. I will have to look into the Dharma group. Where might I find it, or one similar, if you don’t mind?

1 Like

Find a Meeting - Recovery Dharma Find a Meeting • Recovery Dharma

Refuge Recovery World Services https://www.refugerecovery.org/

Good luck Kat. Please take care of yourself. You are worth it. You have a husband and a child that I’m sure love you. Take it easy,one day at a time is really a good plan.

They sure do… I have a daughter as well, but she’s with a friend right now. She will be home soon. I’m ready for a normal life finally. I don’t know how in the world you did it after that long. I was telling myself that my brain would never go back to normal, but you give me hope. I am so grateful to have met you :slightly_smiling_face: I believe now that I am going to get through this all. I have never had a normal life, so that’s something I have against me, because I was born into this dysfunction. But I have normal today. My husband does not do drugs anymore, he quit about 3 years ago and is doing well. So that’s a positive environment that I can grow and flourish in, I hoppe. He’s calling people right now trying to have someone come pick me up, though. I hope I don’t have to leave my kids. He doesn’t trust me anymore.