First day clean in over 20 years

This right here is what made me sign up for the discobot! I’ve been clean almost longer then I used… this April will be that celebration for me. I remember when a couple days seemed like a mountain I couldn’t climb! It is true you gotta give it away to keep it, or that’s what I have found is working for me… 15 years later, just never thought as I go into the sharing of my recovery, giving it to some is alot harder then it is keeping it sometimes. But then again day by day, receiving your own recovery is in your own hands… welcome to the rest of your life it is all for you to do with what you choose (as I am remembering to do in my own life with those around me who Im hoping still to receive their moment of clarity ) keep working through it, remember to reach out, and take things moment by moment when you have to!

1 Like

Ohh can I ask you why you changed to methadone instead of subutex, methadone is hell to come off, I have personal experience.

I wanted to use at the time and subutex have blockers in, this was years ago

Hi Matt :wave:, I’m Carrie from Norfolk :smiley: This forum is full of hugely supportive non judgemental people. I am 1412 days sober and totally amazed at the advice encouragement and support on here :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi Carrie, wasn’t expecting so many people from The UK here, so glad I joined

Hey Matt. Congratulations about Day one. This is a pretty good forum. Stick with it. Resources like this have really helped me

1 Like

That’s a lot time. Must of been a tough life. Have you got some resources to help ya?

1 Like

2001 I started with the heroin but I’d been using other drugs for years before, it’s been my whole life its all I know mate

I’ve never done heroin but I’m reasonably sure I’m addicted to meth and marijuana. My mum is a heroin addict. You gonna need some good friends and resources. Any withdrawal symptoms?

In the rooms App.
Try it!! Its free

You got this Matt. One day at a time :muscle:

No dont do withdrawals unless things go really wrong, here in UK you can get on perscription for method one or subbutexs and just use it as a crutch. So its not very often iv withdrawn or rattled as we call it here in UK. 2001 I started smoking heroin as was injecting 6month later. I now inject in groin as no veins. It really is time I can’t believe iv done this long , so proud of myself, I know how easy it will be for me to fall bacto old ways so one day at time

Day 14 still clean, still going to the pharmacy every fucking day, need to get in and give a negative test, but with the virus there no appointments, so prob be on daily pick yp for a while . had enough so thinking about using now really need some support

1 Like

Congratulations on day 14!!! That is such a huge accomplishment!! I am on day 10. How are you doing today?

Your progress is really inspiring matt, well done on two weeks. If I start to crave I try to think of how much I would’ve given on day one to be where I am now.

1 Like

Sorry to let everyone who commented down but i used yesterday ,I’m absolutely gutted , just feel I’m never going to do this. I’m really really depressed this today . I really need some help but their ain’t any here

1 Like

:pray:t4::heart::100: :pray:t4::heart::100: prayers and blessings sent your way

1 Like

Hi Matt same hère 2nd day of no drink too,contrats to you

1 Like