First day, I can do this

Well it’s coming up to my first day. I know it’s 24 hours but it seems longer. I can do this.

10 Likes

Yes you can! Keep it up! 40 days ago I said the same thing you are, “can’t believe its been almost 1 whole day”! 41 days for me today! And counting!

Congratulations on making it this far! Don’t stop! :tada:

3 Likes

You absolutely can. Make sure you have plans. Plans to stay sober as well as plans to deal with temptations. Right now you can spend some time working on your recovery toolbox. Search the forum, or even Google, for ideas to put into it.

And 24 hours is an awesome accomplishment!! Every day is a success.

5 Likes

You can do this! You are in the right place with the right people. So much knowledge in this room. It has help me tremendously. If you need anything please reach out to someone. Remember you are never alone

2 Likes

Of course you can do this!
original

3 Likes

1 Like

Easy does it, but DO IT! That’s what we say at NA lol. 24 hours is amazing. We understand here how hard 24 hours is. Most of us are living life 24 hours at a time. I happen to have 101 24’s under my belt today…if I fuck up tomorrow I’ll be working on my first 24 again too. Life in recovery is uncertain and raw. Its ups and downs. Live life for today and then tomorrow do it again. Just for today we never have to use/drink ever again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like @vsue said get a plan in place and start building that tool box! That is huge! Not sure where you’re at with recovery knowledge but this is a great information source here at Talking Sober! Lots of opinions and suggestions from our combined experience. Take what works for you and work it!!!

1 Like

Day by day is where it is at. Congrats on your 24 hours!

1 Like

You most definitely can do this!!!

1 Like

First couple days always seem excruciatingly long, but things get better as time goes on. Pretty soon you’ll start feeling better and you won’t be counting every minute and hour that passes by and you can start living normally again. Hang in there.

2 Likes

If I can, you can, we can. On Tuesday I’ll have 4 years and yet you and I are still the same. Much love and respect

1 Like