First Day I chose I need to stop drinking

My first day , any advice

9 Likes

Hi! Welcome to the community! I would suggest to get support, accountability, and stay away from situations where there is alcohol in early sobriety. Read around here and ask lots of questions :heart:

4 Likes

Welcome. Good job on taking the first step. Secondly, make a list of the people places and things that can act as triggers for drinking and attempt to refrain from them as best as you can! Stay strong!

4 Likes

Hi, welcome! Be gentle with yourself. Take it one step at a time, get plenty of rest and drink plenty of water. Well done on deciding enough is enough. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Maybe try a meeting they will help wish you well

3 Likes

I have found this thread right here Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser has some great info for what to expect these first few weeks and also has some great tips to deal with cravings and boredom.
A year later I can tell you that by giving up alcohol, I have missed out on nothing and my life is richer in every way. Best of luck :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it !

1 Like

Thank you I really appreciate it

1 Like

I really appreciate all the comments I wasn’t even sure if I would even get comments but yes I’m at a time in my life were I drink to get drunk ! And that’s it ! it’s like 2-3 times a week I say I dont have a problem but drinking a bottle to my self is not normal I dont think

1 Like

Right where you need to be. You got this. Do not only read advice but try applying some advice slowly and once you get good at self discipline add to it. You have support here reach out… then use it.

2 Likes

Treat the addiction as if it’s a toxic ex girlfriend or boyfriend that you’d never go back to and he or she is dead to you? :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Welcome aboard! You’re definitely in the right place! :blush:

1 Like

Welcome! Check out this link. It’s a great place to start with tons of information.

3 Likes

Be patient with yourself, stay present, and take it easy. Find support group that helps, and dont let your addiction control your outlook on life. Its a whole lot better when we’re able to break the chains from our addictions. Read around here and see what others are doing to stay sober.:+1:

2 Likes

Welcome CJ :green_heart: This is a kind and supportive community that I have found very valuable for my sobriety. I hope it will be so for you too :green_heart: