First day. I know the most important for me is to get a hobby, but what?

Hehe, it doesn’t matter if its Christian or some other God…

The only requirement for membership is the desire to stop drinking. You can go as much or as little as you want. You can come late or leave early. It’s a completely voluntary program that works by one drunk helping another. You will find a great support network there. Everyone will be wanting to help you and they don’t judge you at all.

3 Likes

By the way, I’m off tomorrow and Thursday. So today and tomorrow would normally be my drinking days.

I made it home from work without buying any wine or beer. I spent the time commuting reading on this app and chatting with a friend. Then rewarded myself a kebab instead, when getting of the metro. And then a cab from there home.

Now I’m in my little cabin in the woods, 2 km from the nearest store and it’s cold, dark and snowy. No way I’m heading to the store now :yum:

Tomorrow I’m meeting my mother to go to the bank with her. She suggested that we should eat and have a beer after the bank. I told her I couldn’t drink because of my long walk home from the metro, and she immediately agreed. I think she understood that I’m trying not to drink even if i haven’t told her yet! So I’m pretty sure she wont suggest it again tomorrow. I’m gonna suggest anyway before she gets a chance, that we go to a cafeteria or just look at interesting stuff at the mall. I have also already decided to meet up a friend afterwards who never drinks on workdays, just in case she suggests having a beer anyway. Then I will have a definite reason to say no, because I have more plans that day.

@Englishd

Thank you! Yes, it would of course be so nice and inspiring to talk to people who now what it’s like. Right now I feel no desire talking to people who don’t!

1 Like

That makes sense to me. I try not to worry either. Nothing good comes when I stress about the future or the past for that matter. I just keep doing things one day at a time and try to stay present in everything i do. Not easy but I’m working on it.

I love this. I really try to make my head work like this :yum:

1 Like

I was going to suggest getting outside and just moving around. Find all your parks and trails and make that an adventurous Hobby. You can have an excuse to buy new backpacks, cool accessories like water bottles, good walking/hiking shoes and gear. I’m ready for summer too for that reason.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I needed it today

I have been outside very much :blush: maybe it seems silly, but Instagram has really helped me hehe. Every time I’m out with my dog I’m kinda making it a photosession. Like I said, maybe shallow and silly but Instagram is really what is keeping me motivated right now. Who knew? :rofl:

I’m also trying to plan something to do everyday. To not just sit home and be restless. If I can’t make some plans with my mother or my best friend, I decide the day before what I’m suppose to do in my home the next day. So I always have something to do. Weither it’s doing laundry, giving my feet a spa night or whatever. But mostly it’s Instagram, and of course checking in here to read some :blush:

2 Likes

It’s so simple but true right??? It has even won over “Hakuna matata” for me :yum: Easier said than done though… Are you okey?

1 Like

4 Likes

Great decision you made there. Now let’s do this!:hugs:

1 Like

Yes! Let us! :facepunch::grin:

First off, congratulations on sobriety! I started going for walks when the weather permits, and crocheting. So far, folks like the scarves. Find things Rast you can do, and that you enjoy so much that you get lost in! This forum is great, feel free to reach out anytime!

3 Likes

I’m doing great. Thanks. I do wish the weather would warm up a bit. I’m kind of wimpy when ot comes to going out and it’s 0 and windy. But every morning I go out and clean and feed the chickens as fast as i can. Lol how are you today?

1 Like

Haha, I’m a bit jealous of you being able to choose being indoors if you want :crazy_face: I need to go out no matter what weather (and I live in Sweden :rofl:) due to my kind of work and because of my dog.

We also have around 0 now, so that’s nice. Feels warm haha :yum:

I’m fine! The only thing that has happened is that I’m having problems going to sleep at night. I have to much energy. But that’s a good thing though, even if its annoying not being able to fall asleep, because that’s how I always was before I started drinking, even as a kid. So I guess I’m starting to recognize myself.

Haven’t felt any urge yet at all, but I’m only on my fifth day so I’m prepared that it will come on Tuesday, because I’m off on wednesday. So on Tuesday night and Wednesday I’m gonna be sure to have something to do all planned out.

3 Likes

Staying busy helps. Make sure to come here too. I have been on almost everyday for 619 days. Wish I had your energy. I’m hoping it comes back when the weather warms up.