First day not drinking

I am trying to quite and it is my first day. I am afraid I am going to lose everything over it and it isn’t worth it. I have tried before by myself and was unsuccessful.just hoping to find some support

11 Likes

Try A AA meeting they help wish you well

5 Likes

Thanks I will check that out

1 Like

Hi and welcome,
Congratulations with this big step: admitting you have a problem and deciding to do something about it! :facepunch:
This app is a great tool if you use it. So come here when you need it and ask for help.
Read about your addiction and how other people stay sober/ clean. You have to do it but you don’t have to do it all alone! :heart:

6 Likes

Hey there! Congrats on deciding to quit! Deciding to quit was one of the best decisions I’ve made; zero regrets.

Like you, I’ve tried to quit on my own with little to no success. I couldn’t do it alone, because I didn’t understand my disease and certainly didn’t understand recovery. I learned both through this forum, AA and other resources.

Stick around, read some threads, search topics or questions using the search feature at the top. Ask questions and engage. There is a strong correlation between those who engage and success in sobriety/recovery.

Welcome! Glad you’re here.

6 Likes

My second day here. :slightly_smiling_face: I was unsuccessful too, before, maybe it will be the same this time, maybe it won’t, I don’t know and I can’t know… I won my fight yesterday and decided to fight again today, that’s all we can ever do. Wish you all the strenght today! :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

This is my first day too, I’m with you :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

I just completed my first 24 hours less than an hour ago. I know I will lose everything including dignity and love before I get killed if I let this addiction controll my life. I will not I am living my life in my own terms how it should be!

2 Likes

Stay strong. You can do it!

1 Like

Don’t look towards the future. Look at the her and now. One step at a time. Stay busy and focus on the good. I’m on day 16 and I will tell you. It is so very worth the struggle. Proud of you all and the group of people here are a great support network. Use them to lean on.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the support it means alot I will continue fighting !

1 Like

It is heart warming to see so many early recovery people here. Though it does suck knowing the disease of addiction is running rampant, you being here shows you want to quit. Cone here often. Read, read, read. So much good advice in this forum. If you feel like drinking or using, come here and tell us. Let us help you through the rough times. NEVER CRAVE ALONE You don’t have to do this alone.

3 Likes

Day one right there with you stay strong!

3 Likes

Congrats on admitting you have a problem with alcohol. You deserve to be sober…keep drinking the protein shake and when you feel the urge for alcohol hit the gym and have another protein shake…that’s the better addiction. Stay strong and sober…you are worth it! You got this!

1 Like