First day of being sober

The first day I’m sober from smoking marijuana, and although marijuana isn’t a terrible drug. I found myself addicted to it. I was smoking it for no reason. I’m not even getting high off of marijuana anymore. I was smoking it a lot abusing it. I mean would smoke like five to six blunts a day. I decided to quit, Because while I smoked my weed I like to go to school so I was going to college and I’m taking a nursing class. Which also led to my decision to quit, Because I had learned a lot about health and risk we take as people everyday that can contribute to damaging our health. I’m able to function in the world high off of marijuana just fine. I never smell like it and people rarely noticed, I mean if I was to tell somebody I smoke weed, they would think I’m lying. I just want to change my lifestyle so I want to quit… I’m about to graduate from my nursing program and I’m graduating with honorroll. I just feel like if I quit I will be so much better as a person. I mean if I could graduate a nursing class with honorroll as I was smoking marijuana. I think that I could do way more not smoking. I’m not trying to make marijuana sound like a bad drug because it’s not but I am addicted to it, you can get addicted to marijuana… and marijuana can become a gateway drug for some and for others not but for some they can and I feel like it’s not for me anymore. I do get concerned because my mother was a heroin addict so I know I have the addictive gene. I was born addicted to heroin, because my mother was an active user until death did her part. I have my own daughter now and I need to set examples, better examples. So this is my first day being sober!, wish me luck!

12 Likes

Well done @Chatterbox and thanks for sharing. Best of luck in your journey. You have made a great choice. Have a great day and a great new life.

Welcome @Chatterbox, and thanks for sharing

Welcome @Chatterbox…thank you for sharing your story.

Good luck @Chatterbox and I think you nailed it on the head with your description of cannabis. It’s the first drug I ever took and I functioned well on it also but your right in that your can do so much better without it. Welcome to the forum/group I’ve only been here a week myself

Welcome! This is a great first step

Welcome! It’s great you are here. I hope you come back, and wish you strength to stay sober. I hope that you will find new and deeper meaning in a life without drugs and alcohol. Have a great day and rest of your weekend!

Welcome. And keep going that’s a nice step I wish best for you