First day of the rest of my life💙

Never wanted anything so bad then to be healthy again. A little back story on how I got here today: Honestly I have no one to blame but myself but I do live with a lot of triggers. Growing up I knew it was bad but I was a follower and unfortunately let peer pressure influence my choices all just to try and fit it in but it truly wasn’t me. I always told myself I would never be an alcoholic like my bio mom. I hate the way it makes me feel and yet I find some reason to punish myself and make myself sick. Drinking made me stop eating and if I did eat I couldn’t keep anything down. I lost the desire to do anything I enjoyed. I’m so scared of the next time I get the urge, I find it hard to deal with the anxiety and the devil on my shoulder telling me to just drink. I regret it every time. I want to be held accountable so I’m telling myself no more excuses. Also I might add why this is so important to me to overcome…I have 3 boys under the age of 8 and they need me to be the best mom. Their father is a good man but he’s also an alcoholic even tho he’ll argue otherwise because he holds his liquor better than I can. His father died at 40 something from cirosis of the liver from alcohol abuse and I know that if he sees me become clean then he will realize he needs to do the same for our kids before it’s to late.

11 Likes

Really appreciate this share and welcome. I just started day 2 and I’m a chronic relapser. I honestly don’t think I’ll live to see 50 if I keep drinking and smoking. My job is hanging by a thread and my kids are so concerned about me. There has to be some truth to everyone with some days under their belts that life is so much better sober. I’m pretty miserable right now, but hope to start feeling better soon. Welcome to TS.

1 Like

Welcome!!I can’t give much advise since i am on day 2 myself…chronic relapser…hope you will find all advice and comfort you need on TS!!Good luck to you!:heart_eyes::v::wink:

1 Like

Hi there…day 2 for me as well!!Still.feeling like crap emotionally and physically…hope it gets better…just hoping to see light at the end of the tunel…Have a successful day!:heart_eyes::v::wink:

1 Like

Thank you!! Probably the hardest first step but i made it and I’m so proud. I can go to sleep knowing I didn’t give in. If anyone wants to check in anytime when you feel like you just might need a distraction I’d be happy to. It definitely helps me as well. Sweet dreams ya’ll💙

Hello Marina and welcome 🙋

This above is a great start. I f you want something so bad you will give it all. And that’s what it takes to get that sober life: give it all!
But it’s doable! I’m one of those person’s with more sober days under their belts. I know it’s hard work, but I know it’s worth it.
Like they say up here: if I can, you can!
You have made the first step and the second:
Accepting that you have a problem and doing something about it. You wil entering a exiting journey now with good days and bad ones.
Come here to share them all!
Being here a lot was a big part of my recovery and it still is a part of it. I’m more then 20 months sober and in calmer waters. Life is good :heart:
I wish you the same!

1 Like

Hi Claudia, thank you and exactly that is what gives me hope. Not only do I want to succeed but I love to see others do the same. Such great motivation and I can a appreciate that saying that reminds me of the one I grew up hearing " where there’s a will, there’s a way" and it’s so true because I’ve proven it time and time again, this time is no different. :raised_hands:

I’m on day 13 myself now, almost two weeks! That sounds crazy as I type it, but I’m so proud of myself. I have two little ones and like you I just want to be the best mom that I can be. I KNOW that you can do it to and you will feel so proud of yourself as well. This forum has helped me feel soooo incredibly supported. Reach out as often as you need, or just come visit and read others’ stories. There are some really amazing people on here.
Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome. I’m proud of you for starting to obtain sobriety.
I highly recommend checking in daily to keep focus in the checking daily to maintain focus thread.

I also recommend finding some activities to fill time like, running, cycling, working out, meditation/mindfulness, crafts, drawing, reading etc.
I also recommend reading on this forum a lot on this forum and asking questions if you have any.
Good luck, you’ve got this.

1 Like

Just checking in on you and I need a distraction.

Hows it going? What are you doing today?

1 Like

Hey! So I’m working today and I’ll be honest I’m so tired. I work in home health so I feel like I can’t even hear myself think because everytime I turn around someone in my life always needs something from me. I realize addiction numbed the physical exhaustion along with emotional detachment which is crazy because I’ve always liked being clear headed but now I’m feeling every thing :weary: but it’s ok its all part of the process. Luckily my work keeps me pretty busy since I work in home health but dang I catch myself daydreaming about laying on the beach or maybe enjoying a nice long massage​:joy: a girl can dream 🤷How about you? What’s your day looking like and how are you feeling?

Yes I plan on finding or getting back to hobbies I used to love and as soon as I get familiar with this app I’ll be more consistent. I’m not used to this whole forum thing so it can be a little confusing.

For me the brain fog lifts more and more every day I stay sober. Sounds like a hectic but enjoyable job.

Im working. Busy day crammed with shopping for the next two weeks at sea. (Spending 1300 dollars on groceries smartly and transporting it is exhausting!) Many times I would sneak a few beers while I shop. I did oddly have a strange urge or two but I thus far have comquered them and I will continue to do so.

2 Likes