First day sober. Again and again and again

Heres to my first day sober again. Really trying here. Something about me wanting to get sober rather then someone else asking me to get sober.

6 Likes

Welcome Gaby! Glad you found us. There’s tons of support and information on this forum.
What have you tried so far that hasn’t worked and what are you willing to do?
I tried countless times to do it my own and couldn’t get past a few days. I finally learned I couldn’t do it alone and I had to put the same amount of effort into my recovery as I put into drinking and drugging. Working my program daily is what I need to keep from ever going back.

4 Likes

Welcome Gaby
This has been a great community for me to get support for my sobriety. Like Lisa, I could not do it on my own either.
Have a good read around join in when your comfortable.

:pray::heart:

4 Likes

Welcome Gaby! Congratulations on reaching out for help. I’m on day four with this community and day 5 sober, again and again and again…
Let me preface this with the fact that I’m digitally literate, but I hate online chat or social media stuff. Hell I’ve never even had a Facebook account. I feel a million times the opposite with this community so far. It’s like a personally tailored on demand meeting any time of day.

There are no dumb questions and no invalid feelings here. I personally am blown away by all of the kindness and unconditional support I’ve received in the short time I’ve been here.

Shout out TS community! Much love! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Read tons, post lots! You will quickly learn that you are far from alone in this world in your thoughts and actions, no matter how dysfunctional they may seem to you at the time.

Wish you the best and hope to see you around here often. Stay strong! We can do this! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Btw, just hit me that you’re starting day one on a Friday night. Good for you!! :muscle:

1 Like

It only works when its lead by your own heart.

2 Likes