First day trying to get sober

It’s my first day working on getting sober. And I need this. Not only for me but for my family and my fiancé. I didn’t realize how badly my drinking was hurting the ones around me.

9 Likes

Welcome :pray:. This place has great resources and great people. I recommend diving into recovery headfirst. If you’re willing to do whatever it takes you will get sober. Reach out if you have questions or wanna talk. I wish you well.

1 Like

Welcome :pray:

The question you have to do if you want more than you need. This is only a suggestion. Good decision :clap::ok_hand:

1 Like

Welcome… be prepared to take advice.

1 Like

Welcome. I am glad you found your way here, and hope you will stay, learn, share and grow.

Today may be a tough and scary day, but it’s a great day, though you may not realize it yet. Confronting ourselves is never easy. Facing life’s challenges without your familiar comforter is a tough as it gets. But here’s the good news: with each sober day, you become stronger. Remember this when your resolve to stay sober is shaken. You can live a sober life, if you want to.

So just keep wanting to.

2 Likes

Welcome @Cork2013! Congrats on making the best decision of your life. We’re all here to support you so don’t hesitate to ask questions. There’s nothing better than a group of people that have been where you’re at and understand what you’re going through.

1 Like

Welcome, friend. I’m glad you are sober today, that’s a great choice. We’re here to help you grow that. There are lots of ideas for you, perhaps start with this thread Resources for our recovery.

3 Likes

One hour , one day , one week at a time . You can do this :muscle:

1 Like