First day without a drink

I have been drinking since I was 16. I’m 31 now and have lived on a path that has added no value to my life or to others. I have never gone more than 3 months without drinking and I feel today is the time to face my demons. I don’t really know what to say here…

It just feels like now or never.

Alcohol has consumed my passions, dreams, goals and joy. I’m hoping I can get something from this app…just have no clue what.

15 Likes

Welcome! I personally think you’ll get lots from this app… support, accountability, advice, friendship, laughs… to name a few things. it’s been great for me, I’ve found. Stick around, read lots. There’s a search function too for stupid topics.

3 Likes

Hi mate, well done on choosing today to make a better life for yourself but even better choice is spending it with us. It’s going to be a bumpy road so check in and let us know how it’s going. Reach out when you get need to and someone will kick you up the arse. Rule number 1 :It’s one day at a time. Wish you well on your journey. :+1:

3 Likes

Here’s a great starter thread for you, Resources for our recovery. Hang out here when you feel confused or craving or upset or grateful and happy.

I’m glad you’re here and you’re trying to be the person that we believe you can be. Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

2 Likes

Hi Michael, and welcome!:raising_hand_woman:
Stick around and read, chat or ask questions. You’ve done 3 months before so you know how good you feel without drinking. Look forward to watching your progress!

1 Like

I’m just starting my journey too, 10 days sober. Sounds like nothing atm but we all need to start somewhere. Wishing you all the best and come talk if you ever feel like it’s getting too much.

3 Likes

10 days is great, KFury! You start to feel like a real human again!:laughing:

2 Likes

Welcome Michael. This forum has amazing people from all over the world with lots of great advice. Stick around and read A LOT!! We gain so much strength from others walking the same path.

1 Like

Who knew you could recover from looking like an extra from The Walking Dead?

1 Like

Welcome, Michael. I’m 34-years-old and can relate where you are coming from. September 23rd will be my 1 year mark and I look forward to finally cross that threshold. You know these past few weeks, for the first time, the seeds of drinking again have been springing up in my thoughts and I’ve been coming on this wonderful App to more and more to remind myself why I’ve decided to become sober. Everyone here will not judge you for what you did. Everyone here will hear you out and offer whatever advice they have to offer. Like someone said before me, people from all over the world use this App. Think about what’s important FOR you and it looks like you already did. Like most of us here, you decided to walk the path of living a Sober and Healthy life. It’s going to be tough bro but I have a feeling you know what to do deep down inside in order for you to go through with this. You can do it, Michael. Believe in yourself, Amigo. You have many people here rooting for you!

Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

Haha, that’s a good one .