First day without alcohol

Hello all. I have gone 37 hours without alcohol. Feels completely overwhelming. I have tried to stop before, but did it alone. This time my doctor is on board, I told my husband and best friend. I enjoy reading your advice and thoughts.

20 Likes

Wonderful, well done. Keep going. Xx

4 Likes

Welcome. It’s one day at a time. It does get easier, as cliche as that sounds, it really really does. We are here for ya.

2 Likes

well done, I’m on approx same time and I feel annoyed with myself that I chose to stop again because my addict says O didn’t drink that much.
But in the same time I have a lot to loose if I wont keep sober… I’m breaking up with a partner and he wants to take my daughter from me… because I drink… so…no more…
Hang in there

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you. Only 12 hrs here and 8 of those I was passed out. Let’s stick together.

2 Likes

We can do this! I just told my husband, who had no idea to the extent of it. First time I have spoken about it. Keep strong!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Break the early days into 24 hour goals, just for today, achieve your sobriety 1 day at a time, dont complicate it

1 Like

Welcome!! I’m not going to tell you its going to be easy, but it does feel better down the road, and it will get better!! Hang in there, and keep coming back!!!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Focus on the joy and happiness that is posted here every day, and always because we stayed sober and didn’t give in to that first drink, you got this💪

“There are only two days in the year when nothing can be done. One is yesterday and the other is called tomorrow. Today is the right day to Love, Believe, Do and, mostly Live”. Dali Lama XIV

1 Like

Good job. First 3 to 5 days sucks. After that start getting some sun and stay hydrated. Your body needs to heal and your liver is playing catch up.

1 Like

Great idea!